MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this one is short and sweet. Does the mag disconnect on the M&P 9mm FS have any effect on the trigger pull ? I noticed on another forum that someone mentioned the mag disconnect on another weapon effected the trigger pull in a negative way.

Also with all those with the mag release problem and maybe some other issues. I wonder how many of those guns had the mag disconnect and if it had any part in these problems.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mag disconnect safety is a completely different animal in the browning HP vs MP line. Removing it on the HP makes a big difference in trigger because of how it mechanically works. Shouldn't effect mp trigger at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nope - on the M&P, the mag disco just pushes the trigger bar into it's 'disconnected' state - the trigger just acts like it's out of battery with the mag out. With the mag in, the disco doesn't touch anything but it's pin (same pin as yellow takedown lever), and has ZERO effect on trigger pull.

If I had the choice between a mag disco vs. non gun, I would go with the mag disco model and promptly delete that feature by removing the requisite part to avoid the ugly scroll-mark on the slide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts