MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
They make a 5 min. 2 part epoxy that would seal the gates of hell. Thats what I use to put the reel seats on the fishing rods I build and it works great.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Depends on the type of plastic; if it is thin or lightweight plastic then the modeling cement creats and excellent bond. For heavier plastic a two part epoxy will more than likely bond stronger than the components.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tigs40cal said:
They make a 5 min. 2 part epoxy that would seal the gates of hell.
Sounds good.

jbparrothd21 said:
Depends on the type of plastic; if it is thin or lightweight plastic then the modeling cement creats and excellent bond. For heavier plastic a two part epoxy will more than likely bond stronger than the components.
But even with lighter plastic, the two part epoxy would still work well wouldn't it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
But even with lighter plastic, the two part epoxy would still work well wouldn't it?[/quote YES :wink:

If you need something that wont run they make a pc9 two part putty epoxy thats very strong also.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes it would, and like tigs40cal said, it will set quickly and when I used it the plastic broke before the bond did.

·
Registered
100 Posts
choochboost said:
This might seem strange, but I am looking for the mother of all glue to bond two pieces of plastic together. What is the strongest plastic glue available? Any suggestions?

While not specifically for plastic, I use a product called J.B.Weld for most anything I need to bond. It is a two part epoxy type material, comes in two tubes (red lettering on one and black on the other). Mix equal parts well and apply to whatever you want to bond. sets up in about five minutes and cures in about 24 hours to a grey color You can sand and shape it to match the contours of the repaired part. Almost like Bondo - I've also used it for small patches in rusted out sheet metal.

Available at Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
471 Posts
+1 for J.B.Weld. It is pretty strong stuff!

Ron

·
Registered
937 Posts
They make a JB weld brand adhesive specificly for plastics. Check your local K-mart in the automotive and hardware sections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts