MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a new firing pin/striker block (plunger)? During a home trigger job I think it was radiused too much. I thought I would just replace it but Brownell's doesn't list them separately. Are they available?

Thanx

Dave

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yes.

Call S&W directly and press the # for the parts dept. They are operating on a skeleton crew right now for winter break till Jan 7th and things are not shipping out till then.

I ordered one from them and it was mailed to me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info. Always pays to go back to the source. I'll give them a call tomorrow

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting development. Been having some light primer strikes so been trying to diagnose the problem. Thought the striker block might be an issue since it had been worked while improving the trigger. Prior to replacing the striker block I thought I would replace the striker with a new one I had in reserve. Took it to the range and fired 250 rds without a hiccup. Its never done that before. So now its obvious there was something wrong with the original striker. I can't see anything obvious. I guess if it gives every primer a sufficient whack that's what is important but the diagnostician in me can't stand the fact that I don't know the reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts