MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever think about double strike capability of the traditional DA/DA pistols compared to the non of double strike striker fired pistols?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
eh, not really, I never had the option, never missed it, and chances are if it don't go off once it aint gonna the second time. I'm not taking a chance the 2nd time, its getting chucked.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What Jester said. Never understood the "double strike" argument as all it does is muddy the tactical waters when the gun goes click and you need a bang! "Click" gets tap, rack, asses. With the much vaunted double strike "capability" I guess it's Click, Click, tap, rack, assess...... YMMV

·
Registered
50 Posts
In more rounds than I have kept track of shot from my P99, I have had two "clicks" both followed by "boom" because of its double strike capability. Some "experts" say that 80 to 90 percent of misfires work on the second attempt. My very small sample is at 100%. Even given that, in a critical situation, I imagine the pucker factor would be pretty high if you went for the double strike and heard another click. On the other hand, the second trigger pull is much faster than the tap-rack process. It could make a difference if really pressed to get a shot off.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Getting a bad round out of the chamber quicker could make a difference also. Not having second strike does not bother me at all. It is amazing how fast you can tap, rack, and bang if you practice it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It has its merits, but I wouldnt call it a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination. It is just another tool in your toolbox. The key isnt double strike capability, but a thorough understanding of the assets and liabilities of the system you are using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts