MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

In preparation for it's first range visit, I had my M&P9 apart for a good cleaning. I noticed that if I pressed the striker forward to it's limit (the point projected out of the front of the slide face) and released it, it would not automatically retract. I pulled it out of the slide and cleaned the channel and striker up, but it still feel a bit gritty to me. As this is my first striker fired pistol, I wanted opinions if this function is normal.

Thanks

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
My XD always retracted, but there is no real reason for it, as the slide is already on its way to the rear, and the striker is being cocked.

Wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you depressing the drop safety plunger while manipulating the striker? The full drop safety lock engages when the striker is tensioned against the sear, but the plunger still drags on the striker assembly when it is un-tensioned.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Thats a good point, I noticed that the other day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All,

Finally had a chance to field strip my MP9 and look at the internals. I see now how the striker is pre tensioned after putting a round in the chamber and how its released during trigger movement. Mine looks and functions just fine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I reported on the same topic yesterday, under Dr. Pistol Smith calling the striker a firing pin movement. Any way you slice it the pin shouldn't move if the plunger stop is not depressed, tension or no tension. Hope to have a response from S&W next week Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts