MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiis is probably a stupid question, but I am still a newbie. What is the small electronic thing that I see at pistol matches that is held up behind the shooter?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Timers...

Timer emits start beep then senses sound of the shot to record time. A par time mode allows a stop beep to be set. Start beep may be instantaneous or set with a random delay from 1 to 3-1/2 seconds. Displays time up to 199.99 seconds.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No need to feel stupid, for people who dont compete they simply dont know. Besides it never hurts to ask a question on this forum, we are user friendly. So are you from Louisiana, or just like the Aints...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, I am from Louisiana and I like to watch the Saints, however I would never bet on them because they are so unpredictable. I can remember going to the games with a bag on my head. Now I just watch on TV so that I can turn it off when they play horrible ( almost always). The owner of the team Tom Benson is all about money --not winning with the best players. On most Sundays my kids and I are at the range which is more fun than watching the saints lose! Also the Aints symbol the Fleur Delis is a symbol of our Acadian and Cajun Heritage which is why I picked it for my avatar. Hell we eat Gumbo out of bowls with that symbol on them here in south Louisiana.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cool, I am well aware of the Fleur Delis being from Louisiana myself and the Army for the last 20 years I see it very often. Where are you in Louisiana exactly?

·
Registered
936 Posts
big fan of the 7000.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
We had a few CED 7000 at our Take 5 competition a month ago, neither of us could figure them out.

I believe it. It's definitely a piece of equipment that requires you to RTFM.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Long time LSU fan...and a well....ya Aint's fan.... although last season got me excited about them for once. I should have known better. So I just stick to putting any emotion into LSU football, and leave emotion at the door when watching the Saints.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr . Walker I am from the Opelousas area, College degree from USL now UL in general studies. I am also a big LSU fan. I dated A girl in the early nineties that was attending LSU and we went to every football game in DEATH VALLEY--One of the best times in my life.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Don't want to derail the thread, so I'll start by saying WELCOME!!!!!

Being in NE Ohio, I'm something of a Browns fan. Laugh if you will, but I'm not a hardcore fan. I'd prefer to see them win, but I'm not really surpised when they don't. I think they're on track to break even this year, and that's definitely an improvement over previous years. At least I don't have to wear a bag if I go. They've had so many bad records the past few years, there's not really any way to be ashamed anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts