MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Try doing a search on holsters. You'll find a wealth of information including website links for dealers.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I have tried the infidel, CTAC, don hume, IWB

and pretty much all the OWB kydex, and some leather.

For ccw I reccomend either a leather pancake(glaco fletch style) or an IWB.

IWB is pretty much your own fit. I can't stand the CTAC or infidel, they just don't fit me right, but alot of people swear by them.

I like the don hume h175 WC, its cheap, quick on/off, and it stays where I put it.

I wear a modified galco fletch for OWB for comfort sometimes also.

I like alot, and some not so much, its all in your build.

Nother to take a look at is the crossbreed holsters, they work well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
CTAC here. I have one for my M&P, SW99, and Glocks (slide version for them). I also plan to be getting one for my 1911.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks Watch Six IWB that I use to carry a full size 1911.

Hardly know it's there.

Not sure how the M&P would carry in it, but I do know Sparks now makes holsters for M&P's.

Great holsters, but also very popular.

You are looking at a 20 week wait.

Also, I have to second what Jester stated.

I didn't care for IWB holsters much until I found the one that

seemed to fit just right.

Everyone is built different.

You just have to find the one that feels right to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems a lot of you like kydex. Does kydex 'wear' the pistol's finish more or less than leather?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Milt Sparks VM2 in black horsehide.

There's a reason there's a 20 week wait.

There's a reason people still line up to buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out my FIST holster. It is BOTH an OWB and an IWB holster. It's called the 43a. Here's their picture...

I order the "hybrid" version. It is a leather holster that is lined with Kydex. Always holds it's shape. Spring for the "body guard" to keep the gun from digging into your love handles.

Here's mine....

Takes about 8 weeks for them to make the Hybrid. Less for just leather. VERY reasonable. The Hybrid holster with the mag pouch was $150.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been using a uncle Mike's size 36 (for snubbies) IWB and it's pretty dang comfortable to be designed for a different gun. It was uber cheap too. I carry it crossdraw and have no issues. I don't even have a "real" belt yet either. Mine is designed to hold up pants, not my M&P. I'm told that the belt makes as much or more difference than the holster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts