MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying one of these bows to keep in my backpack. I'm not new to archery so I know what I'm getting into.
My question is have any of you guys used one ? What are your thoughts.
My next question is are there any other bows of this type that would be better or cheaper?

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
First, if you're going with the SAS folding bow, l recommend their $200 Recon bow over the shorter $200 Tactical bow, unless you just don't have the extra inch of space. The Recon folds out and it's ready to go, while the Tactical has to be disassembled and reassembled before use (about 3 minutes). These bows sport an extremely durable design, and have onboard storage for 4 arrows, sweet. It may be unrealistic to expect an "ambidextrous", box riser / straight limb bow like this to be very accurate, since the string nocks and arrow rest can't possibly align like they do on the upcoming SAS Ranger, $150 Primal Gear Unlimited folder, or the tiny $115 Xpectre Rapture takedown (warning: uncomfortable grip).

We still have a 150 fps arrow slingshot, w/whisker biscuit rest, in one of our bugout bags. Wouldn't want to get caught hunting deer with it, but a good choice for a compact and reasonably accurate bow fishing/rodent option.

Not that it could fit in a bugout bag, but my big game hunting bow for this year will be the wildly tunable (and to the point, ambidextrous) Gearhead Disrupter 20" 55-70 lb. w/1911 slider grip. Its ultra light, extremely accurate, crazy smooth, and at almost 350 FPS it's as powerful as the fastest hunting bows of just a few years ago. But... it set me back about $800 for just the bow, well over $1200 once it's kitted out for deer/elk. It's also getting the JPoint MRDS off my 3-gun AR, but just for bow hunting season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the recon bow and that would be the one I will get . I didn't think the recon was available yet .

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Recon has been available for a couple years, at least. Just checked their Amazon listing, it's dated 12/21/2017, The Ranger is the newest one, but only a few people have had a chance to use it (certainly not me).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that I mean Ranger . Not the recon . The Ranger is the one I want . Just can't find one

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
It may be a several months 'till the ranger is available. They tried to get a kickstarter campaign going, but the moderaters decided it was an instrument of violence. Go figure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts