MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

So I’ve been trying to find a new complete shield 2.0 SW guide rod / spring assembly. I see a lot of aftermarket companies make them but I’d like a factory one and since I couldn’t find one online I called SW directly. They said they don’t sell complete captured
assemblies only the components.. ie.. guide rod and springs. Does that sound right? Sounds odd but I went ahead and bought components separately from them and not looking forward to trying to get that spring on. What doesnt make sense to me as I have read countless accounts of people having a broken shield guide rod / spring so Smith and Wesson sends them out a complete replacement drop in captured assemblies so makes no sense they don’t sell them ...
Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And you're sure they knew you were ordering for a Shield 2.0?
Try this: Smith & Wesson Auto Pistols M&P Shield Series Parts

Yeah I gave them the serial number right off the side of the gun! I even called back to double check and talked to a different person who said the same. So odd. Thank you for posting that link. I checked it out and they do have the complete recoil assembly but it’s showing as not available. (Same at brownells) .

I’m not surprised items aren’t in stock just surprised that SW told me they don’t sell the complete assemblies..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts