MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions on this pistol? I found one NIB for 825, which seems like a decent price, but haven't heard much about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'd grab it.........have been trying to get the money up to et the one posted in GlockTalk for $800! I have a 1911SC which is great, however the Gunsite version is better since it is supposed to be set up like the Series 70's 1911 without the firing pis safety.

·
Registered
77 Posts
After double checking Smith's site and my memory I don't believe the Gunsite has series 70 internals. In fact the Gunsite is pretty much the 1911PD with a couple exceptions:

Gunsite has GI guide rod

Gunsite has logo grips

Gunsite has brass bead front sight

Gunsite is supposedly limited production.

Good pistol just like the PD. The price you mentioned is good, and as mentioned budsgunshop.com is a great reference for pricing too. I prefer buying from my local store even if it is more expensive because I want that store to be there for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I own three Gunsites with thousands of rounds downrange, zero problems!! They are a limited production gun and have had a few things tweaked that the regular commanders have not. Thats a decent price for one NIB as I have seen one selling for over $1200 on gunbroker!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts