MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could swap the barrel from a 40c into a 9c. I currently own the 9c and if I could obtain a .40 cal barrel and mags, would they work in the 9c frame? I've heard of other makes of guns that you can do this on and was wondering if it will work for the M&P. I looked back a few pages and couldn't find anything on it, even did a search of the forum and came up empty handed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
AFIK... The M&P was designed with the .40 in mind (unlike some other pistils) and frame size on the 9mm and .40 is the same, so barrels should interchange. You will, of course, need new mags.

Someone with more knowlege should be able to confirm or deny that soon.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
NO! Not today! You will need a .40 to 9mm CONVERSION bar. wich is not yet being offered. But will be at some point in the future.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With a kit you can go from 40 TO a 9mm - but can not go from a 9MM to a 40.

I have a 9c and a 40 - I had both apart cleaning them and - just for the heck of it tried to stick the 40 barrel in the 9MM slide - it will not fit - too small - the chamber part of the barrel - where it shows through the slide - is bigger on a 40 than it is on a 9MM.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:oops:

I completely forgot about the difference in outside diameters of the two barrels since my mind was fixed on assuming the .40 and the .357 would share the same barrel diameter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I kind of thought that the 9, .40 and .357 would have roughly the same outer diameter, but I guess not. Oh well, guess I'll just have to break down here eventually and buy one in .40 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts