MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys have a tac light for your M&P. I was looking at the Insight X2 compact tac light for my M&P. What do you guys suggest? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have used M3x and M6xs, Streamlight TLR-2s and now the Surefire X200B. I am not a big fan of Insights variable focus heads but the X series lights are bright and durable. The Streamlight TLR series lights are very bright, seem durable and have a very secure mount. The thing I like about the Surefire better than any of the others is in the switch manipulation. Whether strong hand or weak hand on the Surefire you activate the light the same way. On the others you rotate the switch opposite directions depending on the hand you are using.

The other thing is I will not have a combined light and laser again as there is no way to activate the 2 features separately.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I like the m3 series of lights they are easier to manipulate for me than the surefire, plus they cast less. The LED seems the best, light for my purpose. not a fan of the light/lazer combos for the same reason

·
Registered
118 Posts
No photos at this time, but I use the X2L light and laser combo-very satisfied so far, and glad I spent the extra money to get the laser. I recognize that the laser on this can be used only with the light, but the light will function without the laser, which I think will fit my needs for my nightstand pistol.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know you usually get what you pay for, but how are these?

The ones on ebay for 70 bucks with lasers/leds built in one.

I just now I can get a bullet proof light LED style from fenix for 50 bucks. It seems crazy 250 bucks for one for a gun with less lumens with a laser.

I would hope they would come out with a cree based light 200 lumen Q5 for these. Then I might would pay that, anybody here about them yet?

·
Registered
495 Posts
sonofjesse said:
I know you usually get what you pay for, but how are these?

The ones on ebay for 70 bucks with lasers/leds built in one.

I just now I can get a bullet proof light LED style from fenix for 50 bucks. It seems crazy 250 bucks for one for a gun with less lumens with a laser.

I would hope they would come out with a cree based light 200 lumen Q5 for these. Then I might would pay that, anybody here about them yet?
You're right, you usually do get what you pay for. YOu didn't send a link to the Ebay items but there are lots of Airsoft look a like items on there. If you want to put one on your gun to take pictures of that is fine. If you want one you can bet your life on then I'd stick with ones you see standing up to military and police use. Think about it, they aren't buying the most expensive ones because they are so overpaided.

·
Registered
15 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=018

I like LED's though, thats why I know they have to be having more lumens here soon the CREE Q% are great! I thought about the crimsom grips, but there like 250+100 for a light on the front. And you can get teh combo units for 250 for both, so I'm going to go that way. The surefire x300a and the streamlight are looking like the best options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts