MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full-size M2.0 9mm that I love. Now I have the option to get an LE trade-in M1.0 - also full-size 9mm - for just under $400. I know I might find one cheaper, but this one will be easy and I have the cash. I'm still on the fence. Talk me into a second gun for home defense, range and maybe one day CCW.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I saw a new 2.0 last week for $350.00, I know you said you dont care but $400.00 for a cop trade in that mist likely will not have a warranty (because S&W knows it is a LEO gun) is high.
I like the original 1.0 gun better than 2.0 myself, but it doesn't sound like you know the differences to make that choice yourself yet.
I'd say wait for the better deal, use the $100.00 to buy ammo.
I see 1.0 used for $300.00 fairly often on armslist.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You already have a full size, I’d get something else for other applications. Like a M2.0 Compact or a Shield. $400 for used isn’t good. GAG has new for that price....
SMITH AND WESSON M&P9 M2.0 COMPACT 9MM 4" 15-ROUND NIGHT SIGHTS THREE MAGS $399

·
Registered
26 Posts
My shop had new M&P 9 and 45 LEO guns, version 1, 3 mags, night sights, either model $339.00.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've owned 1.0 & 2.0s at the same time and prefer the 2.0s hands down. Being consistent with owning the generations has helped my shooting. If it were me, I'd pick a generation and stuck with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts