MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to a guy I am acquainted with at S&W this week.

He said the next compact will be .357 SIG and not .45 acp... SIGH!!!! Bad news and a marketing decision I don't understand.

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's understandable; .357sig uses the same frame as .40 and since we already have .40 campacts all they need are .357 barrels :wink:

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
They don't even have to change the mags since the mag for 40 S&W works for both!

Of course that doesn't explain the delays in getting the 357 Sig full size!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
It's understandable; .357sig uses the same frame as .40 and since we already have .40 campacts all they need are .357 barrels :wink:
Yep...makes sense to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
S&W must be going after the FBI/Sky Marshall business as I have been told that they are the primary users of 357Sig. I have a Sig229 in 357Sig and it is a hoot to shoot. I get a nice long flame out the barrel and the noise indoors is deafening; scares the heck out of everyone there, then they all want to shoot it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
alsipd3917 said:
S&W must be going after the FBI/Sky Marshall business as I have been told that they are the primary users of 357Sig. I have a Sig229 in 357Sig and it is a hoot to shoot. I get a nice long flame out the barrel and the noise indoors is deafening; scares the heck out of everyone there, then they all want to shoot it.

Exactly what you don't want in the passenger compartment of a plane!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm sooooo sold on .357Sig, its not even funny...

I can't wait for it to come out, because i'm sooo buying one to replace my 9mm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts