MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you are using Talon grip panels on your 1.0s, and wanted to know which grip texture you like and why.

I have a 2.0, so it's not for my M&P, but I have a new rifle with a very smooth pistol-grip that needs more traction.

The aggressive texture of the 2.0 is great (even wear it against my bare skin occasionally - not for too long though) but I don't know that the rifle grip needs quite that aggressive of texture.

What are your thoughts about the Rubber, Pro, and Granulate textures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had the black rubber Talon grips on my M&P Shield 9 1.0 for about 6 years. The grips enhance my control of the pistol without being too abrasive. Just follow the installation instructions carefully and you'll be good to go for years. Mine show no signs of loosening or wear yet. After reading your post, I think these will work well with your rifle.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Another option I'm considering is a Hogue HandAll slip-on grip sleeve. They have finger grooves, pebbling, and add some thickness to the grip - which would be a plus as well.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Is this an AR by chance?
If yes look at Ergo grips, the have one with a mild stipple (not aggressive) for about the same cost ad the talon grips.

Back when I used Talons I used the rubber because I sweat a lot in the summer and the granulated one would have the sandy grit stick to my hand (so eventually there was no more grit left on the tape).

Another option is if you're able too is to buy a wood burning kit and stipple the grip yourself (use pmags to practice), my brother has done this and it seems OK.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is this an AR by chance?
If yes look at Ergo grips, the have one with a mild stipple (not aggressive) for about the same cost ad the talon grips.

Back when I used Talons I used the rubber because I sweat a lot in the summer and the granulated one would have the sandy grit stick to my hand (so eventually there was no more grit left on the tape).

Another option is if you're able too is to buy a wood burning kit and stipple the grip yourself (use pmags to practice), my brother has done this and it seems OK.
Nope, for a HK-type polymer 1-piece lower.

I have seen people do the stippling themselves, but because it's a 1-piece grip/lower I wouldn't want to test my skills on it.

I'm leaning towards the Hogue grip, mostly because the diameter of the stock grip is too small, in addition to being too smooth for my liking.

EDIT - This should work and cover both bases - HandALL Tactical Grip Sleeve (Small) - Black - Universal Grip Sleeves - HandALL Grip Sleeves - Handgun Grips - Hogue Products

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not like the slip on hogue. Had one and it slipped off to one side slid down over part of the mag. And up over lower part of mag release. It went in the trash the week I got it. I tried and use the rubber talon and after 4 months on my g1 I can say no complaints at all. And yes it’s my daily carry 90% IWB.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not like the slip on hogue. Had one and it slipped off to one side slid down over part of the mag. And up over lower part of mag release. It went in the trash the week I got it. I tried and use the rubber talon and after 4 months on my g1 I can say no complaints at all. And yes it’s my daily carry 90% IWB.
The grip I'll be using it on has no mag release, and isn't a carry gun, so if it moves around it won't matter. If it doesn't stay put I'll probably try something else like the Talons, but the Hogue might be good if it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts