MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I installed a Taran tactical base pad about 3 months ago and I just noticed the other day my gun was making a rattling noise with my safety off so I field stripped it and I noticed my ejector wiggles back and forth a little. I put a magazine in it with my Taran tactical base plate installed and I noticed the bullet is actually making contact with my ejector. I tried this out on my other OEM magazines from factory and they do not touch the ejector. Has anyone else had this problem, is it common or am I just having a bad experience with mine? I also seen a video saying that if you remove the sleeve from the OEM 8 round magazines if will actually contact the ejector too. Thank you and God bless! God loves you and have a good day!

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
126 Posts
Removed the slide & tried each loaded magazine = 4 in my case & all four had a gap at the ejector of .011"
My ejector is fairly tight, but this part does have play = wiggles some.
I measured it with a cut end of a guitar string instead of a feeler gauge then measured the string with my Starrett Caliper to be sure = .011"
In fact, when I go back down to the dungeon, I will try it with one with the extension sleeves removed & see about the over insertion I have read about.
I have a few photos on my laptop in the basement & will add them to this post with an edit
Gary/Hk
Brown Light Black Netbook Office equipment
Computer Personal computer Laptop Input device Peripheral
Computer Laptop Input device Personal computer Black
Automotive lighting Wood Shade Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
126 Posts
I had forgotten about this thread & will get a measurement of the extended magazine with the spacer removed to see if the Taran Tactical's baseplate is causing you the trouble OR if it's the magazine itself that it's mounted on ---> Base Pad For S&W M&P Shield 9/40 OEM Magazines

Could be the magazine lips have spread or the notch was milled in the wrong place by a smidge
Anything is possible

I saw this review & will also note none of the factory magazines base plates touch the frame when installed = They all seem to have a gap & you can see the stainless, See Below

Review from TTI
"This product is great and went on with ease. my only comment would be that the base pad does not ride directly against grip. the gap can be annoying to someone with OCD"

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
126 Posts
Without the spacer all three of my 8 round magazines the ammo/ A-Zoom Snap Cap can touch the ejector if I press up on the magazine, But when allowed to hang down they are all three farther away from the ejector than they are with the spacer installed meaning the notch in the magazine is allowed to be centered instead of being just caught at the top of the notch.
I did this with the slide removed

@Ccates18 I would check the magazine in question for spread feed lips
I assume it's your most used magazine because of the TTI Baseplate

GOOD LUCK
Gary/Hk

Check your carry gun for cleanliness
While doing this I noticed a bunch of LINT in the slide, barrel etc.
Cleaned it up with a toothbrush & gave it several drops of oil in the key points
Patch down the barrel & oiled the unlocking block with a Q-Tip
All Is Good!!

I also noticed my most carried Hk had barrel LINT from a photo I took of the two side by side
Material property Gas Audio equipment Circle Font

NOTE: The stainless one has the lint where the other doesn't as it's been in its case
All cleaned up now as well
Life Is Good!!
Gary/Hk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts