MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Taurus Judge revolver, the one that fires 45 colt and 410 shotgun shells. I think it would make a good home defense weapon, car-jacking or even a snake gun. It would probaby not be a good carry weapon to use in a potentially crowded situation because of the pellet spread.

Anyboby have one or have any opinions about it?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
if you look in the current volume of american rifleman, they have a good article about the judge. also taurus has a good video on their website as well. i havent shot one, i have handled a few, the article in american rifleman shows a pic of the gun looking into the cylinder. the machining on the star looks terrible. maybe they tortute tested it to death. lifetime warranty and under 5 bills makes it a good revolver choice though. i would prefer a .357 over a .45 lc imo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's a good revolver, good lockup, fires straight, goes bang everytime. What more could you want?
I have one in blue, I only have 1 regret, I didn't wait until the stainless one came out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bbbdvan81 said:
if you look in the current volume of american rifleman, they have a good article about the judge. also taurus has a good video on their website as well. i havent shot one, i have handled a few, the article in american rifleman shows a pic of the gun looking into the cylinder. the machining on the star looks terrible. maybe they tortute tested it to death. lifetime warranty and under 5 bills makes it a good revolver choice though. i would prefer a .357 over a .45 lc imo.

Thanks. Looked up the article and I see what you mean about the machining on the cylinder. Guess it would be ok for what it is though. They didn't do Taurus any favors by publishing that picture. Bud's gun shop on line has it in blued steel for $335.34 + shipping & FFL fees. Not a bad price for what seems like a very good self defense tool. I'd probably fill it with 410 shells most of the time as a bedside gun or a fishing tackle box gun. I think I like it just because it's different. :roll:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i agree that the picture was not the most flattering. when they first came out i really liked the idea as well. i need to shhot one and see how they operate and i will be more accurate of my opinion.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Someone please shoot this and post! I'd love to make it a nightstand gun if it is a quality firearm. Would never carry it besides in the woods. But I've never owned a taurus (besides a ford
). Anyone got any thing positive or negative to say about them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a friend who has one in stainless. I've never shot it, but he absolutely loves it. He keeps it in his car. The first three rounds are .410 #6, the last two are .45lc. His quote is that the first three rounds are "Designed to melt faces off at less than six feet"

I like it, and would definitely own one.

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts