MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started checking out the PT-145 today and must say that I was impressed. Fit and finish seemed very nice. The feedramp was polished with the nicest mirror finish I've ever seen. The single action trigger with double strike capabilities was awesome. Ergonomically it fit my hand great. Last but not least, the price was fantastic and it is 10 rounds of .45 in a tiny package.

I guess what I'm getting at, is there something else I should be considering? Does anyone else own a 3rd generation 145? I have read that years ago there were problems with the early generations but the current models are supposed to be worlds better. Lighter trigger, solid frame, double strike capability, dovetailed sights, 2 mags, better fit and finish, etc. What are the overall thoughts from owners? How is the recoil and reliability? Also, does anyone have any good recommendations for a forum about these pistols?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have a Taurus compact 9mm and have been very pleased with it!! I have had zero issues with it after 8 or so years.

·
Registered
514 Posts
One of the guys I know uses the PT-140 for IDPA and has had no issues whatsoever. He really likes that weapon. Plus it has a thumb safety.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PT-145

I have a PT-145 Pro. I'm pretty sure it is a 3rd generation. I really like the gun, it was one of my first auto's Really for the money I haven't found anything close. The one drawback is the trigger pull, and it's possible the newer models have a lighter/shorter trigger. I haven't shot it all that much somewhere around 700-800 rounds No problems at all. Once you get familiar with the trigger pull the gun is very accurate.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts