MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience/feedback on the Taurus 1911B?

I looked at one today and it felt perfect. Excellent trigger, nice checkering and I see that it is available in SS. The shop owner said she has some on order with check wood grips and the standard black.

Have they been around long enough to tell if they are worth the price? ($530.50 in blued w/night sights)

I see the MSRP is $700 so $500 seems a good price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I was actually just talking with a very knowledgable local dealer about the PT-1911 today. According to him, he has received nothing but rave reviews and highly recommends them. His only complaint is that he can't keep them in stock. He typically gets 2-4 in at a time and they are gone within a day. Looking at the specs, they seem tough to be, especially for the price. I can only imagine what people are going to say, since it's a Taurus, but I'll probably try one out in the future.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had one for a few months now and can't find much to complain about. Has gone BANG every time I pulled the trigger.
And it does feel nice in the hand (for a 1911). Because it has the round hammer and extended grip-safety beaver-tail, it does not cause "hammer bite" like my basic Colt Series 70 Government Model.

The only thing I don't like is that because it has full-size ambi-safeties, that makes it hard to find different grips that will fit it (like Hogues, for example). Standard 1911 replacement grips get in the way of the right-side safety (including CrimsonTrace). You can buy a shorty right-hand safety lever I suppose.

The model of PT1911 that comes with CrimsonTrace factory-installed has a shorter safety on the right-hand side.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the PT1911 with the CTC grips on it, I'm sorry to say I've had it for 3 or 4 months and I've not gotten it to the range yet.
My last range trip was so my wife could get to know her CCW better and I didn't want to startle her with a thunderous boom. :roll:

·
Registered
270 Posts
dralarms said:
I have the PT1911 with the CTC grips on it, I'm sorry to say I've had it for 3 or 4 months and I've not gotten it to the range yet. My last range trip was so my wife could get to know her CCW better and I didn't want to startle her with a thunderous boom.

Talk about self control!

I've had one for about 10 months now, and although it doesn't get to the range as much as I would like it to, when it does go it's usually the most accurate gun I'm shooting. I didn't think I would get used to the Heine Straight-8 sights, but I'm finding them very easy to pick up.

Now I'm also waiting on the release of the stainless model.

--

Mike

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put my name on the waiting list for the stainless model at a local shop. They said the date has been pushed back twice by Taurus but it looks like sometime in Jan. when they expect my ticket to come up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
theyre a decent pistol, but dont think youre getting a $2000 custom. :?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I really, really wanted the stainless compact model PT1911C that was shown before they came out at all. Then they burst my bubble by not releasing it at all, and maybe they never will. Dang it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My new PT-1911 shoots as well as my Kimber. Over 2k rounds thru it, it always goes bang.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have actually just decided to sell mine! $400 shipped to your FFL dealer. Low round count and reliable with lead as well as jacketed ammo. PM me if you are interested!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts