MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I saw him at the first concert they allowed him back into Texas and he was shooting flaming arrows at a hanging dear. He is a crazy boy.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Safe weapons handling at its best. Sometimes I wonder if we are our own worst enemy. We just give the antis stuff to complain about.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ted is truly insane, I think his mind been rotted by some exotic STD... The NRA thinks they have an American legend as there front man, but all I see is a ranting lunatic.

IMHO

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morgan Walker said:
Ted is truly insane, I think his mind been rotted by some exotic STD... The NRA thinks they have an American legend as there front man, but all I see is a ranting lunatic.

IMHO

I think you meant exotic LSD

and to think that guy has more guns than most gun shops... If there was a possible war on our homefront he would be a friend but anywhere else and what was stated early a "liability"

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Ohh, give him a break.

He speaks up on issue of defending gun rights when most people are too cowardly to do anything.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
He whines like a child about hate speech then does the same thing himself.

Here is another choice quote;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-sugarma...-n_b_39067.html

"In 1990, for example, Nugent told the Detroit Free Press magazine that "apartheid isn't that cut and dry. All men are not created equal. The preponderance of South Africa is a different breed of man. I mean that with no disrespect. I say that with great respect. I love them because I'm one of them. They are still people of the earth, but they are different. They still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands....These are different people. You give 'em toothpaste, they f---ing eat it...I hope they don't become civilized. They're way ahead of the game." In the same interview Nugent expounded on his racial views, "I use the word n----r a lot because I hang around with a lot of n----rs, and they use the word n----r, and I tend to use words that communicate...."

I don't particularly think it's good for the NRA to have an idiot like this as a board member. I've sent them a letter on the subject.

Comment from above article;

"Nugent is also a chickenhawk of the worst kind. His description of the lengths he went to to avoid going to Viet Nam (as detailed in the infamous High Time interview years ago)fit so well with his current ultra-patriotic militarism."

What a surprise.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't see that having a good understanding of cultural differences as being hypocritical.

A very good friend of mine is from Kenya. We are very good friends, with a lot in common; but there are some very different cultural differences between us. The fact that we can freely discuss these differences is not hypocritical, it's empowering.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I gave three examples of hypocrisy.

1. He goes on talk shows (pretty much Fox news only) and whines about people who don't Bush etc and calls it hate speech. Then he does the exact same thing and worse. He acts like a petulant child who is constantly trying to convince himself and us what a tough guy he is.

2. I found his comments about Africans to be beyond disgust and frankly don't get how anyone could see them any other way. But oh well. Thats what opinions are for.

3. If there is one thing I can't stand its a chickenhawk. People who think everyone else should go fight but them.

Let me ask you this. Are you an NRA member and do you think it is a good idea for Ted Nugent to be a board member? Do you think he helps the cause of gun rights in this country?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
There was a lot more said about the African issue. Just pulling out 1 sentence takes it out of context. It's not really cool to judge him on something that isn't what it appears to be.

I've not seen him try to convince anyone that he is a tough guy.

Is standing up for what you believe in being a tough guy?

I really can't say much about the chickenhawk thing until I research this further.

Yes, I am a NRA member.

Yes, I like TN being a board member.

Yes, I think he does promote education about gun rights.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not trying to jump in what kind of educational value is hearing some one say "suck on my machine gun"????? or "ride my machine gun into the wind" especially to political leaders his outburst is helping me make up my mind of buying an assault rifle b4 the next election... I think it is good to have celebrities speak for us but IMHO Ted Nugent is screaming at the top of his lungs naked running downtown still more harm than good

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I wish I had $10,000 to buy an assault rifle.

I'll just have to stick with my AR15s.

FOLKS, the status quo is not working. Our rights are consistently getting tromped on and diminished day after day.

How far will it go?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
YukonGlocker said:
I wish I had $10,000 to buy an assault rifle.

I'll just have to stick with my AR15s.

Hmmmm what kind of assault rifle are you looking at?????

I am looking at a good ol 7.62 ak-47

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
Hmmmm what kind of assault rifle are you looking at?????

I am looking at a good ol 7.62 ak-47

I'm not looking at any assault rifles. They are too expensive to feed and buy.

I don't think they are necessary for defense anyway.

You had better pick up a good semi-auto AK-47 (not an assault rifle) before they are gone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts