MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contimplating purchasing a M+P Compact 9, but reading in here it seems the whole M+P line has alot of issues. How happy are you with your M+P? Is it worth getting or should I be looking into a different model/maker?

I am also looking at the Ruger P345 any one have any experience with them?

thanks

RAT

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Two words, Smith & Wesson. That says it all, the M&P may have had some issues, but nothing that S&W would not stand behind. The customer service is awesome, this site is great for information, what else can you want?

Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a 40c, had the mag drop problem. S&W customer service was great, and took care of the problem. They fixed it quickly, and at no cost to me, no shipping or anything. Since I got it back I have put 2000 trouble free rounds through it. I am so happy with it I bought a full size 9. 1500 rounds through it, zero problems.

Bottom line, this is a great pistol. If you do have a problem, customer service will take care of it. I recommend this gun to my friends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rat said:
I am contimplating purchasing a M+P Compact 9, but reading in here it seems the whole M+P line has alot of issues. How happy are you with your M+P? Is it worth getting or should I be looking into a different model/maker?

I am also looking at the Ruger P345 any one have any experience with them?

thanks

RAT

I recently picked up the MP 9mm compact. I had reservations about it being an "unproven" new model just like you. At this point I love the gun. It is accurate, has great ergonomics and some really nice features. For a compact it shoots very easy for me. I have had zero problems with the function as well. I only have 500 rounds through it, but it has been flawless.

One of the reasons I wasn't concerned if I did have a problem is because of the past experience I have had with S&W customer service. I have a .38 snub nose revolver that I had to send back to the factory for some issues with the finish on the gun. I emailed customer service and the next day I received a UPS shipping label pre-paid. S&W also paid all the insurance and return shipping. I had my gun back within 10 days fixed. Easy to do business with and they corrected the problem. Im happy.

I also own the Ruger P345. It is a fantastic gun. It is a real tack driver. Nice easy shooting .45. Unlike Rugers rep for having real bulky guns this one is ergonomically fantastic. Nice slim grip and it points naturally. Ive had zero prolems. ZERO.

There where some concerns with the P345 when it first came out, but it appears Ruger has addressed them and they have dissappeared. Others have problems with the loaded chamber indicator, the magazine safety and a few other things, but they are more personal taste than function issues. I think for the money they are a great value. Check out rugerforum.net or rugerforum.com

So now you need to get both.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I bought a fullsize 9mm and had some minor extraction issues but they appear to have been worked out. I read a lot of the criticisms and negative feedback from those having issues but, recognizing this was just a small minority, I purchased a compact anyway. I now have over 1000 rounds through the compact with no issues at all. My point is don't let the loud minority get you down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't have a compact, yet. Full size 9mm has functioned flawlwssly with 300 rounds thourgh it in 4 days. Will be using it in IDPA event tonight. M&Ps are growing in popularity at IDPA/USPSA type events where they see a lot of rounds and hard use by a finicky group of folks looking for the bigger better thing. Everyone I know who owns a M&P has been happy with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 800+ rounds through my M&P fullsize 9mm. Flawless so far. I even fired some 100 grain frangible rounds through it that felt pretty low powered, but no problems with cycling. I find it to be soft shooting, comfortable and accurate. The ergonomics are great and the trigger smooths out nicely after the first 100 rounds or so with a good cleaning. Its my favorite pistol and has convinced me that I want to replace my Glock 23, which I don't particularly enjoy shooting.

I bought my Glock 23 several years ago and was concerned initially about reports of Kabooms in .40 caliber Glocks and other problems that some Glock owners were having. I have several thousand rounds through my Glock with no problems either. So far the M&P feels every bit as solid and reliable as the Glock, but more fun to shoot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You WON'T BE SORRY!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a 9sc on Saturday and shot 300 rounds today.

ZERO problems of any kind.

I tried to get a malf on purpose. No luck.

Much better than the last G19 I rung out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd have to agree with others that buying a full sized M&P 9 was a great decision. I think I have 500 rounds through it without any issues like mag drops or FTE/FTF.

I did not want to buy a Glock and looked at others brands but M&P has great feel (as others have attested to). This forum helped me a lot leading up to the purchase. I got the carry kit - worth it and quite a value. Go do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts