MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SW99 .45 I'm trying to sell. I only shot it once a few months ago and the buyer wants to know if it is DA or DA/SA ...is there any way to tell without taking it to the range?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
I do not know how to tell (for sure) the difference without firing but I do know this.

The S&W 99 is DA and SA but has different modes of function.

When the striker is in the decocked position, the first shot is fired with a traditional double action pull with subsequent shots fired in the single action mode.

The gun can also be fired from a long single action trigger position. When the slide is used to chamber a round, the striker can be decocked, or left in this cocked condition with the trigger fully forward, resulting in a first-shot single action trigger pull with a lot of take-up.

The 99’s trigger also has a double strike capability. If a round doesn’t fire on the first strike of the firing pin, the 99 allows another quick trigger pull without working the slide.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know Walther P99 comes in both DAO and SA/DA

I'm assuming W&P copy is the same way...do you have a manual for it? When you shoot it is the trigger always consistant? or the first shot heavier (w/o racking the slide first)?

or perhaps call S&W with your SN and ask them to tell you more info on your gun, or take it t a gun store...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts