MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, can anyone tell me whether its ok or not to carry while on the Dale Hollow Lake? I have a Indiana CCW permit which is good in TN with reciprocity, but I didnt know if lakes were different. I havent had time yet to look at handgunlaw.us or packing.org in detail so I thought I would ask in case I dont get around to it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Several reasons I would say "NO" you cannot carry there, but this isn't a definitive answer...

A quick search shows that Dale Hollow Lake is a US Army Corps of Engineers project. That would indicate at least some semblance of it being Federal property or at least a Federally funded project. As you probably know, carrying on Federal property is a no-no.

Second, many natural resources like this on a state level are part of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. Carrying on TWRA property is also a no-no.

Finally, neither National Parks or Tennessee State Parks allow carry. National Forests do, on the other hand (or at least that is my understanding) but I seriously doubt that Dale Hollow falls into any of these categories. Just throwing this out for the sake of trivia.

Were it me, I'd probably just leave the firearm at home rather than risk stepping on the toes of one jurisdiction or another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts