MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing out my new Shield Plus today and I am having this recoil guide issue, has anyone seen this and how to fit it?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yikes.. looks like the original Shield problem they had with some of the guide rod assemblies. Send that pic to S&W customer service. They will probably send you a new assembly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you've had the firearm apart, is there a chance you didn't get the RSA squarely set?

·
Registered
690 Posts
That pic looks like the RSA is not on its proper Lug 'shelf'. this is nothing new with the Shield line (and other Subcompacts). Usually though, it's from slipping off the shelf completely.
You should be able to grab it with a needle-nose plier and get it back in place. Basically, the rear needs to go onto its proper shelf, so try to pull the front forward to relieve the tension, then try rotating it up, or down (I'm leaning toward up, to get the RSA onto a lower section of the lug).

There may even be a couple Youtube videos out there showing what to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yikes.. looks like the original Shield problem they had with some of the guide rod assemblies. Send that pic to S&W customer service. They will probably send you a new assembly.
Disassemble again .And re assemble. Ive did it before and thats all I had to do. Good luck .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea but this is the 2nd one in less then one week.. also the right sight was NOT aligned
The chances of having 2 bad RSA's or Shields is a little crazy. Not saying it couldn't happen but I think RobzGunz could be right.
I had a Glock 26 that would do that just about every other time I cleaned it and it was me not looking at what I was doing and set it on the wrong barrel lug. Cleaning guns is like doing laundry. I hate doing both. 🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey GunRightsAZ... Any update??

Reactions: Tiribulus
1 - 9 of 9 Posts