MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I fired up the Hornady LnL AP Press, and loaded 4 different loads for 9mm. The only thing different between the loads is powder TYPE, and CHARGE. Data was taken from Hodgdon's website, and all loads are listed as "Starting Loads".

Also all are 10 shot targets, except the one with CLAYS, that one is 5 shots. Didn't stop the wife in time to get 5 more rounds... LOL She liked the Clays, recoiled the least of the 4.

Anyway I shot the targets, two handed standing rapid fire (1/2 second between shots), didn't have a rest / bench.

So far it looks like Titegroup is the winner, and W231 coming in last.

Looking for recipes.... ;D

All the best,

Jeff

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Here are 2 that I like:

124gr. XTP

4.0gr. TiteGroup

OAL--1.120"

147gr. XTP

3.3gr. TiteGroup

OAL--1.130"

Enjoy.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
If you want to test loads for accuracy you really need to shoot from a supported position, ideally from a pistol rest to take the human element out of the equation as much as possible, you want to test the load, not how well you performed at the particular time when the group was shot.

In a perfect world you would use a Ransom Rest or the new one from Frankford Arsenal, this type rest takes all the human element out and tests the pistol and loads in a completely consistent manner, but they are too expensive for most people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts