MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a couple of minutes here to publicly thank Dan for his help!! I really wanted to have Dan do a trigger job on my pistol. I think his price is extremely fair, but when I added the shipping on to it, I simply could not afford it at this time. I have never really gotten into the guts of any gun ever, but I thought what the heck, Dan has shared some great instructions with us and so I thought I would give it a try. Well, I was being (I thought) very careful, but I guess that I ended up removing too much material off of the bottom of the sear. I was really afraid that I had screwed the pooch on this one and was going to have to order a new sear assembly when I could afford it. I decided to give Dan a call. He assured me that I should still be ok and told me what to do. I followed his direction and I have to say that right now, I have the nicest trigger of any gun I have ever had and possibly ever shot. It is smooth and short with a nice distinct reset. I don't think it is as good as if Dan had been able to do it for me, but much better than it was!!

Thanks again Dan, I REALLY do appreciate your help!! Dan is a huge asset to these forums guys!!

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
awesome work brother! sometimes doing it ourselves proves to be well worth it, and being able to tell your buddies hop well your own trigger job feels is awesome!!! Great job, any pointers??....lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
The fact that he made a free step-by-step 'How To' guide on his trigger jobs should tell people what kind of a person he is. I didn't trust myself to mess around with the internals of the gun so I sent it to Dan, and couldn't be happier. A great asset to the forums, and M&P community indeed. Great to have him around!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ditto

I have a lot of respect for someone who would share the details on how to do a trigger job ... when that is what they do for a living.

For me, living in Canada, it is almost impossible for me to get a gun back and forth across the border. With a Sunday afternoon and a bit of patience, I now have a fantastic trigger on my MP9.

Thanks Dan!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dan is the man and I plan on sending mine to him once I get the cash. The thing that made me sure that he was the one to work on my baby was the instructions that he posted. As said before, it takes a lot for someone to post instructions on how to DIY something that they charge money for. That's like Microsoft releasing the code for windows....

One helluva guy.

An asset to the forum and a gentleman (from what I hear) to boot. Can't beat that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts