MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know it’s my first post but let start by saying I’m not an S&W fanboy. If anything call me a CZ fanboy and primarily carry a p10s with a 507k. Now that that’s out of the way. I have owned a shield 1.0 & 2.0 Currently own 43X, 365 & XL, Hellcat OSP and now a Shield plus.

The 365 absolutely was beta tested on the public. My first one went through 3 strikers before I gave up on it. Others have had other issues (trigger springs breaking/striker back plates falling off while shooting) My late 2019 365 has been fine. My XL had machine marks (swirls) all over the OUTSIDE of the slide, after I sent that slide back they sent me a new one WITHOUT a front sight. The 3rd slide was okay. The trigger on my 365’s get really hot around 200 rounds and the slide actually get too hot to touch. Oh and I had rust issues on my 365. The sights/mag release and mags had rust. I know I have said a lot of negatives but really they aren’t bad pistols. They are accurate and easy to conceal. The bugs have been worked out after beta testing. The sights are great.

Hellcat...really no complaints other then it’s snappy. I changed out the trigger for The APEX offering.

43X...it runs anything I feed it but it’s grip is JUST to long for me to conceal without printing. Grip angle isn’t what I really like. Trigger is subpar. Glocks new Slide finish is so so and it shoots okay but not as good as the others.

Shield plus...it’s by far the softest shooting. I shoot it the best of the bunch. Trigger is the best of any micro 9 I’ve shot so I won’t have to replace that. Mine is breaking at 4.15lbs. Grip texture is the best of them all. I prefer the shape/angle of this frames grip to the others. I have to run hogue grips on my Sigs. I only have 400 rounds through it so far and no malfunctions as of yet. I will say I replaced the sights with some trijicon night sights so take that into account when buying if you want those. Overall to me, in my hands I think this is the best “micro 9”.

Overall I don’t think you can make a bad choice anymore. Just whatever fits your hand best and are most accurate with. As for me, the shield plus is what I like most and consider to be the best. S&W might be late to the game but to me they did it best.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love this Shield Plus. Great trigger and natural point of aim for me. I agree that there is NO need in swapping this trigger and I won't be. 2-3" groups at 7 and 15 yards straight out of the box. Well after I wiped it down. Mine had a ton of lube on it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
After watching the "new release event" here is the what they are excited about.

Mag capacity
10+1
13+1

18 degree grip angle

flat faced trigger

less aggressive grip texture

PC versions available like the earlier models (both barrel lengths)

Looks like they missed the bus again.
This offers nothing the 365 or Hellcat didn't off a couple years ago.

Unless these are on sale for $200.00 like the gen 1 shields a few years back, I wont be in line to get any
They'll have optics ready versions and you'll be missing out on a great gun because you know with COVID and Biden prices aren't going down. Picked mine up for $489.00 shipped

·
Registered
543 Posts
They'll have optics ready versions and you'll be missing out on a great gun because you know with COVID and Biden prices aren't going down. Picked mine up for $489.00 shipped
I disagree.

Optics ready are inferior, I've listed why numerous times.

I can polish up some dog turds and tell you they are worth more because biden/covid, how many you in for? See how that works?

Even at $489.00 that is $100 more than a shield is worth, I have multiple guns the same size and capacity, so I'm not missing out on anything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I disagree.

Optics ready are inferior, I've listed why numerous times.

I can polish up some dog turds and tell you they are worth more because biden/covid, how many you in for? See how that works?

Even at $489.00 that is $100 more than a shield is worth, I have multiple guns the same size and capacity, so I'm not missing out on anything.
Sell whatever you think you can sell. Optics ready is inferior because you say so? That's an opinion not fact. I see a lot of LE with them on their handguns and rifles. Quicker acquisition isn't a bad thing you have to train with them.
Sorry I upset you but it's JMO. Never said you had to agree or that you had to go purchase one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Today I tried the Shield Plus, Shield Plus PC, and Sig P365 XL at the local gun store today.
The trigger on the standard Shield Plus is pretty damn good for a factory trigger. The PC version obviously has a bit better trigger, but I think the non PC Plus would be near as good after it smooths out with some shooting. Honestly no need for an Apex anymore. The 365XL trigger was the worst of the 3. Hit the wall, then some mush, and a mediocre break. The wall, break, and crispness on both Shield Plus were much better. Also the Shield Plus grip is still a bit thinner than the 365 XL. However depending on if you have small or large hands, the grip thickness will be subjective for the user. I think the 365XL grip feels real nice in the hand. But so does the Shield. Tough choice. I really wish the Shield Plus came with 12 rd mag flush fit. You know they could do this, the flush fit mag was always 1 round less than the extended. But I think they purposely limited it to 10 for the stupid ban states. Maybe/hopefully they’ll release a flush fit 12 round magazine later.
Edit: the mag release button was also easier to actuate on the Shield than the XL.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tried both the Shield Plus, Shield Plus PC, and Sig P365 XL at local gun store today.
The trigger on the standard Shield Plus is pretty damn good for a factory trigger. The PC version obviously has a slightly better trigger, but I think the regular Plus would be near as good after it smooths out with some shooting. Honestly no need for an Apex anymore. The 365XL trigger was the worst of the 3. Hit the wall, then some mush, and a mediocre break. The wall, break, and crispness on both Shield Plus are much better. Also the Shield Plus grip is still a bit thinner than the 365 XL. However depending on if you have small or large hands, the grip thickness will be subjective for the user. I think the 365XL grip feels real nice in the hand. But so does the Shield. Tough choice. I really wish the Shield Plus cane with 12 rd mag flush fit. You know they could do this, the flush fit mag was always 1 round less than the extended. But I think they purposely limited it to 10 for the stupid ban states. Maybe/hopefully they’ll release a flush fit 12 round magazine later.
I figure Magguts will step up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sell whatever you think you can sell. Optics ready is inferior because you say so? That's an opinion not fact. I see a lot of LE with them on their handguns and rifles. Quicker acquisition isn't a bad thing you have to train with them.
Sorry I upset you but it's JMO. Never said you had to agree or that you had to go purchase one.
You need to reread my post.
I did not say guns with red dots are inferior, I said optics ready guns are inferior.
A generic optics cut, buttom line is for cheap people that don't mind inferior to save a few pennies.
So actually yes it is a fact not an opinion.

If I give you a size 12 shoe and a size 15 shoe and tell you they are the same, would you agree? That is how a optics ready slide and a milled slide are.

You didn't upset me, I'm correcting your incorrect opinion with facts.

I've had RDS guns for about 5 years now for edc and competition, so I have a little idea about how useful they are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You need to reread my post.
I did not say guns with red dots are inferior, I said optics ready guns are inferior.
A generic optics cut, buttom line is for cheap people that don't mind inferior to save a few pennies.
So actually yes it is a fact not an opinion.

If I give you a size 12 shoe and a size 15 shoe and tell you they are the same, would you agree? That is how a optics ready slide and a milled slide are.

You didn't upset me, I'm correcting your incorrect opinion with facts.

I've had RDS guns for about 5 years now for edc and competition, so I have a little idea about how useful they are.
Since you’ve been running them for so long, let me ask your opinion. Between a 507k or RMSC which is the best option to have milled for my Shield +?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Since you’ve been running them for so long, let me ask your opinion. Between a 507k or RMSC which is the best option to have milled for my Shield +?
Of the two you mentioned the 507k would be a better sight.
With that said Halosun is a Chinese company making Chinese products with the money from the purchase going to China, so in my eyes that is a no go.

The RMSC is from Great Britain which is better than China, but I've seen and read multiple complaints about quality with that one (on the p365).

In my opinion,
If you're getting the slide milled, get the Trijicon RMRcc if you want "The best option".

The Trijicon is from SE Michigan, costs a little more but if it has issues a Michigan company stands behind it.

I personally spend the extra $100 on quality, then don't go out to diner 3 or 4 times in a year and that recoups the $100 I spent for quality.

About once a month primary arms has been having the RMRCC on sale for $425.00 since the first of the year (if you decide to go this route that is the best price I've seen).

41 - 52 of 52 Posts