MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about buying a true pocket sized pistol

Do S&W have pocket pistol (cal 32) ?

what would be your #1 choice in small .32 (7.65mm) ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Personally I'd avoid .32, but if that's the only choice then the Seecamp by far. They aren't dirt cheap (~$500) and they aren't always easy to find but that's because the sell faster than Seecamp can make them. Use with Silvertips only. That's about the best of the 32s. http://seecamp.com/index.htm

If you can go a tiny bit bigger then the Kahr PM9 or MK9 would be a lot more serious protection. The do need at least a 250rd break in to become reliable. But it's serious 9mm firepower in a 14oz package. In the interest of full disclosure my PM40 kicks like a mule and needed a trip back back to Kahr to have the feed ramp recut. Kahred paid the freight both ways. The 9mm is a lot milder.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_9mm_pm.html

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Check out Kel-Tecs' website, plenty of good quality pocket pistols. My buddy has a few of them and has been very pleased with there performance, good luck in your decision!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all I appreciate the input.

Kel-tec P32 and Seecamp locks like great pocket sized pistol

·
Registered
524 Posts
I carry a Para "Carry 9". Its about the size of a J-Frame but a little less concealable due to its shape. It is so easy to hit with compared to any other true pocket pistol or snubbie wheel gun. I highly recommend it if you can pull it off for its size. Plus 5 rounds of .38 don't give me the warm and fuzzy that the 9 rounds of 9mm the Carry 9 holds.

Think about it and compare:

3 inches of barrel and a higher velocity round vs 1.8 inches of barrel and lower velocity round

9 rounds vs 5 rounds

Ergonomic grip with muscle memory of an auto (assuming you usually shoot an auto) vs the awkwardness of aiming a wheel gun

Its quite the package and smaller even then the springer EMP.

http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=107

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
pistolm&p said:
Thank you all I appreciate the input.

The P32 has a fairly good rep as a carry often, shoot seldom pocket pistol. Just be aware that the rest of the Kel-Tec line is generally known as pure carry often, shoot very seldom.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I shot my buddies P3AT and was the most awkward but interesting thing I have ever shot. Almost like a Derringer but with a bulkier grip. Still have to have one
I could conceal it behind my ear.....lol

sholling said:
[quote name='pistolm&p']Thank you all I appreciate the input.

The P32 has a fairly good rep as a carry often, shoot seldom pocket pistol. Just be aware that the rest of the Kel-Tec line is generally known as pure carry often, shoot very seldom.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I sold my jam-o-matic p3at, It would work flawless for awhile and out of no where I would get a stovetop, or ftf! I think i'm going with a j-frame next!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have never had a problem with my Kel-tec P3AT from day one. It is a great little gun.

Ron

Shown with K&D IWB custom holster:

Shown with pocket holster:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
+1 on the Kel-tecs. I personally like the P-32. Very small and light and thus far has proven quite reliable. These pistols are VERY reasonably priced and a great value IMO.

J-frames are great too but much bigger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ront said:
I have never had a problem with my Kel-tec P3AT from day one. It is a great little gun.

Ron

That's a nice piece you got there 8)

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
jframe... Its almost jam proof, and idiot proof. I wouldn't carry an auto in the pocket, I get to much dust and lint in there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
+1 on the Kel-tec. My P3AT has been an excellent weapon. Only one malfunction in hundreds of rounds. A broken spring after shooting heavy 102gr loads. I have recently replaced it with a Kahr PM9 since I'm trying to go 9mm only.

Also J-frames are great, I sometimes carry my all steel Taurus 9mm revolver for short runs.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts