MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure when this will happen but it's bugging me as if I was heading to the gunshop right now!

I already own two M&P40s, that are my sons (16 & 14) USPSA limited division guns that have been somewhat tweaked for competition. For those I have 8 mags, 4 for each, and I just received an extra two from the S&W offer.

Well, those are my kids guns. I need one for me!
If I get another 40, I'd only have to load for one caliber and I'd ipso facto have 4 mags for that one, since I already have two spares. However, I'd love to have a 45! The 45 would make an awesome PDW and even a good Limited-10 gun. I could even use it as my production division gun, although shooting 45's in that division is not the wisest alternative.

I know what you're going to say... Buy both! Well, I wish I could and maybe I will, but it will take a long time to accomplish. Money is a little tight right now.

So... what would you do? If it was you, how would you solve this dilemma?

Please help!

Signed: Want-them-all in Florida

·
Registered
132 Posts
To be honest, I would get the .45. I don't have one, although I would like to. Besides, you can always shoot your boys' .40's anyway, right?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
A light load in a 45 on the M&P chassis woul work well in production. I still like the 40 though!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had a several Glock 40's in all models and have recently switched to the S&W.45 for duty use. This gun is easier to qualify with and is therefore more fun to shoot. If it proves as durable as my Glocks I'll be more than satisfied.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Get the 40. Everything 45 is a bit more expensive, brass, bullets, powder (bigger charge).

And swapping out for large primers is a pain. 3 MP40s at a match means more spare parts, ammo and mags.

Plus, when your boys out shoot you, you won't have the excuse that you're shooting a different gun.

Gringop

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gringop said:
Get the 40. Everything 45 is a bit more expensive, brass, bullets, powder (bigger charge).

And swapping out for large primers is a pain. 3 MP40s at a match means more spare parts, ammo and mags.

And I already have all those mags... Made up my mind and I'll get another 40 first. Then, if $$ allows, I'll get a 45 just to have it.

gringop said:
Plus, when your boys out shoot you, you won't have the excuse that you're shooting a different gun.

Gringop

They already do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts