MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well this is wierd. I mailed my application for a FL CCW on 11/14/2007 and when I got the mail today there was a letter from FL in there. My first thought was something was wrong and they were sending something back to me .... until I opened it and found my new FL CCW permit inside
I wasn't expecting it till at least feb-mar time frame.



So I mailed it on the 14th, they got it on the 16th or 17th, the 22nd was a holiday, the Money order was cashed on the 26th, and the issue date is the 4th. So it basically took about 2 weeks from the date the application was recieved to the time the permit was issued + 1 week to get to me ..... that's pretty damn fast for a CCW permit don't ya think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Did you do a digital finger prints? Thats what I did and get mine in a week also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
We Floridians feel sorry for yous poor guys in NJ so we expedite your apps.



"Former Essex county resident"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mad212 said:
Did you do a digital finger prints? Thats what I did and get mine in a week also.


Nope .... Out of Staters have to submit the print cards





The Fish said:
We Floridians feel sorry for yous poor guys in NJ so we expedite your apps.



"Former Essex county resident"


Then you feel and understand our pain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Took me 10 days to get my TN Handgun Carry Permit once I finished the proper paperwork! Excellent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
greatzippy said:
Ok, well this is wierd. I mailed my application for a FL CCW on 11/14/2007 and when I got the mail today there was a letter from FL in there. My first thought was something was wrong and they were sending something back to me .... until I opened it and found my new FL CCW permit inside
I wasn't expecting it till at least feb-mar time frame.



So I mailed it on the 14th, they got it on the 16th or 17th, the 22nd was a holiday, the Money order was cashed on the 26th, and the issue date is the 4th. So it basically took about 2 weeks from the date the application was recieved to the time the permit was issued + 1 week to get to me ..... that's pretty damn fast for a CCW permit don't ya think.


I just mailed my application yesterday (12/19/2007). I hope that I can get it back quickly like you, but I am not counting on it. Did you call Florida to see if they recieved your app?

Anyone else have similar experiences in getting their permits back quick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,984 Posts
The entire to-from cycle including mail system time took 2 weeks in Arizona



:twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
I live in Missouri and I expected mine to take the full 45 days but only took bout 10 days I was pretty pleased! although u have to go down to the sheriffs office to do ur finger prints and u have to set and a time and date but it took 2 weeks to get me in so i had mixed feelings bout that the good thing is a hell of a lot of people must be getting ccw's and the bad thing it took me too long hehe! but all and all could be a hell of a lot worse!

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thebrotha167 said:
Did you call Florida to see if they recieved your app?


Nope .... I sent them a Money Order (to cut down on time vs a check) and just kept calling the number to see if it had been cashed yet. That and I sent the app with a delivery confirmation (no sig required) so I know when they got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I sent a money order too, hopefully, that will help me get your luck too. I regret that I did not send it via certified mail. But as I mentioned above, I am squeaky clean, and I made sure that there are no errors on my application. I know that christmas and new years will slow my processing down..... :? I'm gonna call them on monday, even though that is christmas eve.....maybe they'll be open. How long did it take for it to arrive from NJ from sending?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
My application is not in the system.... I guess its too early right now. The person on the phone with whom I spoke said to call in 7-10 business days to see if its in the system. I asked about the current processing time to which she answered that its running close to the alloted 90 days. Looks like no permit for me for a while
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top