·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this yet???

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went last night with my son and one of his friends. I have never played the video game but they both have. Regardless, we all enjoyed it. Not much in the way of acting or even a complex story, but to be honest, the main attraction is the ACTION and some of the fight scenes were very creative/original.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I played the second game and thought it was really good. When I saw the movie coming out I was attracted right away..Look forward to it. :wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I didn't even know it was a game, but I knew it was a wrestler. :wink:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm actually replaying the 3rd game and man I can't wait to watch the movie. I hope is at least x-men good, but non the less an action flick with guns always warms my heart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never played the game, but the movie is fun if approached with the right attitude. It's not an award winner, the characters are 2D, there is no true plot. But, if you want to have fun with the latest silent-guy-with-no-name killing lots of people with fanciful violence and enjoy a Russian hooker tossed in as eye candy, you will enjoy it.

Mmmmmm, fanciful violence and Russian hookers. ::drool::

·
Registered
673 Posts
mmmmmm, smoking guns, hookers with long legs and split dresses and guns and shooting and hookers and guns...

Looks not bad. If I'm not busy I might go have a look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm wondering if he disguises himself as someone a foot shorter than himself, like in the game.

Big tall bald guy, now a five foot Asian limousine driver! No ones will notice! hehe

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finalfusion said:
I cant wait to see this movie!!! My buddy is a hitman finatic, I am sure this will be going in my collection!!!

yeah man after my shoot em up mishap :oops: I will have to see this one alone or wait til it comes on netflix :wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You will have to fill me in here, unless I am missing something??? Or did you try and immulate one of these bad azz's in the movies at the range and it did not go as planned?

101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']I cant wait to see this movie!!! My buddy is a hitman finatic, I am sure this will be going in my collection!!!

yeah man after my shoot em up mishap :oops: I will have to see this one alone or wait til it comes on netflix :wink:[/quote]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finalfusion said:
You will have to fill me in here, unless I am missing something??? Or did you try and immulate one of these bad azz's in the movies at the range and it did not go as planned?

[quote name='101Combat Vet'][quote name='finalfusion']I cant wait to see this movie!!! My buddy is a hitman finatic, I am sure this will be going in my collection!!!

yeah man after my shoot em up mishap :oops: I will have to see this one alone or wait til it comes on netflix :wink:[/quote][/quote]

this thread will explain it all for you brother :wink:

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7043

·
Registered
372 Posts
Saw it yesterday with my ex-wife (we are still friends). It is enjoyable if you check your brain at the door. It was supposedly written for Vin Diesel but he bailed on it. I think the lines would have been delivered better by him. On the plus side, the TnA did make my ex blush.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I am there

MI_Jester said:
Saw it yesterday with my ex-wife (we are still friends). It is enjoyable if you check your brain at the door. It was supposedly written for Vin Diesel but he bailed on it. I think the lines would have been delivered better by him. On the plus side, the TnA did make my ex blush.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
186 Posts
Saw it over a week ago 8)

I'm a bit of the Hitman game fan (played all 4 :roll: ) so I had to see it!

Glad Vin Diesel didn't pay the 'agent 47' - Anyone who played the game would probably agree that he's not a good fit for the role... Tim Olyhunt (sp?) ( the bad buy from the new Die Hard movie) did an OK job but IMO her's too baby faced. Jason Stratham would be PERFECT for the role IMO. Even before I even heard that the movie is coming out I thought he should pay the role if they ever made the movie...

Anyways I liked the movie (although it could've been a little better IMO). Good action, nudity, what's not to love?
Also understanding Russian always helps too... :wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd wait for it on DVD...there was a neat fight scene or two...but other than that I wasn't impressed. Just some over the top escape moves, and nudity for the sake of nudity.

The "plot" was hard to care about, and thin....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts