MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this movie? I was blown away. It was short enough to keep the action continous and keep the viewer addicted. I went with my buddy because there is no way my wife would ever go...if you're looking for a good guy flick give this a look.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I went last night with (pardon the name dropping) Ernie Langdon and Gordon Carrell from the S&W pistol team, along with a good friend of ours who is currently a USMC Major. Unanimously enjoyed the movie.

As we were leaving the theater we found ourselves in a group of Arabic-speaking young men who were chatting excitedly about the movie, as well. Which raised two good points: (1) different people enjoyed different parts of the movie, and (2) were were glad all four of us were carrying ... and yes they were all Smiths. 8)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Welder said:
I spoke to Ernie at SHOT, nice guy, had to crank my head up to look at him, though. How's he shoot?

Ernest came in 2nd CDP Master. If this Nationals proved anything, it's that the day of the 1911's reign as King of .45's is over for practical/tactical guns. CDP Champion was shooting an XD, 1st Master a Glock 21SF, and 2nd Master was shooting an M&P 45.

In the FWIW Dept., Ernest is also one of the best all-around pistol instructors I've ever met. He doesn't do much teaching anymore given his other responsibilities at Smith but if you ever get a chance to take a class from him, do it. Unlike most people in the field, Ernest has proven his expertise with double-action, single-action, and striker-fired guns.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I went to see it last night. Ok movie but not realistic. A AK with a rail from one of the bad guys? gun that shoot forever without reloading?Same old hollywood.in some of the explosions,the concusion should kill you.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Just got home from seeing it with the wife. My wife even cried so that officially makes it a chick flick so you can take your wife. :wink:

I like the scene with Jennifer Garner...you know the one. 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Many critics hated it because they called it "jingoistic" and a cheap exploitation of American sentiments in a post 9/11 world....that means real Americans probably will enjoy it!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The movie is just a snapshot of the bigger issues. The gist is that our interests in the region have everything to do with oil. But it shows that we really don't have friends over there. We co-exist with some where its mutually beneficial, but at the root of it we really don't like each other, and some downright hate us. That point hit home with the closing scene in the movie. I was glad to see that our enemies were sufficiently portrayed as such.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had a crush on Jennifer Garner for years...does this mean I need to see this movie? - JM.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My wife and I went to see it last weekend and really liked it. Of course we both like movies with lots of shooting. It's the 1st movie I've been to in a very long time since I dislike most Hollywierd actors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
NPR had an interview with the director last week and he mentioned an alternate ending that didn't make it.

apparently the good guys were supposed to die at the end b4 getting back on their plane. but that wouldn't have gone over to well thay said and pulled it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts