MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
"Fearless clerks and digital cameras helping keep a cap on crime..."

Tag line on video. Should have been fearless clerk with GUN helping keep a cap on crime.

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
Score 1 for the good guys!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean about CNN posting that video. Maybe the "people" are seeing it our way that it is your responsibility to defend yourself !!

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
ledge said:
I can't believe that I saw that on CNN's web site......I'm speechless.

I was surprised as well!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whoa...CNN for real. Hey the robbers should have known better. 1up for a smart business owner, love (0) to some punk a$$ kids. It's fools like that, that cause liquor stores to close at 9pm and 10pm out here.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hum ... I think I'm gonna play Devils advocate on this one :twisted:

Was there really a reason for the clerk to run out the door & continue to fire?? That kinda made it look like he was trying to do a bit more then just defend himself.

That's prob the only part of the whole video I can't say I 100% agree on, up until that point the clerk was justified.

This video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

Posted a few days ago shows the clerk shooting in defense but not following the guy out the door.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Definately shocked CNN ran that without some sort of anti-gun retoric to follow.

I know in IA, if you would have followed the BG's out the door and one of them would have been shot, it would not be good for you.

But that is IA. Laws vary greatly from state to state.

If you carry, do yourself a favor and research your state laws on the use of deadly force.

Showed the youtube video to a couple of the deputies at the S.O.

My thoughts were confirmed that, as the BG exited the motel lobby, the threat stopped there and per IA code, so should have the use of deadly force.

Again, this is IA, land of the liberals, but we keep working on that.

I love seeing John Q Public fighting back. Gives me renewed faith in mankind!

greatzippy said:
Hum ... I think I'm gonna play Devils advocate on this one :twisted:

Was there really a reason for the clerk to run out the door & continue to fire?? That kinda made it look like he was trying to do a bit more then just defend himself.

That's prob the only part of the whole video I can't say I 100% agree on, up until that point the clerk was justified.

This video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

Posted a few days ago shows the clerk shooting in defense but not following the guy out the door.

·
Registered
341 Posts
IAShooter said:
I love seeing John Q Public fighting back. Gives me renewed faith in mankind!

People always talk about needing to crack down on crime and so forth .... I think if people were able to act in defense like in the videos without fear of prosecution the criminals may think twice about doing stuff. But as it stands now they have nothing to fear and have a really good chance of success.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Well I'm glad CNN is running that and it shows that guns do deter crime. You can see how those two "kids" turned tail and ran as soon as they saw the clerk draw his gun! Too bad the anti-gunners don't understand that.

If he went to the door to ensure they weren't preparing for another attack I can understand and as long as he didn't fire while they were running away he's good to go.

·
Registered
319 Posts
my hats off to the good guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems like both videos could serve as good examples of the highly charged emotional environment created in a gunfight. I know it's hard to judge angles and clearance from the limited perspective provided by the motel desk cam, but proximity of the mother/woman and child in the lobby area (youtube clip) looks pretty dicey, at least after the first or second shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts