MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
I think he is referring to the fullsize models. Since it's the forum for it.

E

·
0 Posts
Oh correct, I didn't know so much aboug the Glock models. Except the 17 seems bigger than the fullsize M&P no? And the 19 is equivalent?

E

·
0 Posts
Glock 19-

Weight 595 g / 20.99 oz (unloaded)

Glock 17-

Weight 625 g / 22.04 oz (unloaded)

Searching wikipedia helps. Dunno M&P specs.

E

·
0 Posts
So M&P is heavier. And the .40, .45, .357's weigh same as 9mm? And also, does the gripsize have any effect?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
M&P 9mm is 24oz.

M&P .40 is 24.25oz.

M&P 357Sig is 25.5oz.

M&P .45 is 29.6oz.

Grip size doesn't matter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In case you are wondering if you can actually "feel" the difference ... I say Yes.

In comparison to the M&P-9, the G19 definitely feels lighter. And due to the lighter weight, the G19's recoil feels faster. There is more snap to it. The G19 is quick to return to target though.

Size wise, the G19 is about 1/2" ~ 3/4" shorter in both length and height. Width is the same. For me, I feel that the G19 is the perfect size and weight (well, it could be a thinner, like my 3914). Ergonomics suck though, which is why I use the M&P.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just weighed my G17 and M&P9. The Glock weighs 24.7 oz and the M&P weighs 27.5 oz, both weighed with empty magazines.

If you include the beavertail on the M&P (the Glock doesn't have one) the two pistols are almost exactly the same overall length, the heights are the same within 1/8" and the widths, by eye, are identical. The Glock is lighter and the M&P is far more ergonomic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts