MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Last time I was there was last year. Has a reputation for being a free for all area, though I didn't experience any issues while there. You have to bring your own target stands, and have to have good communication going with whomever else is there so someone doesnt walk out to change a target while others still think the range is hot. Cool enough place to do some rapid fire drills or practice drawing from a holster.

-J

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats why I was looking at going there, I just got the Taylor Mag Extension, and nobody around Auburn Hills wants to let me do a rapid fire test

I was a little concerned with the free for all aspect, but I'm thinking that since it is so low key, that there won't be a lot of the rowdy borderline dangerous shooters there.

Thanks for the insight, I'm thinking about heading out sometime soon since the crowd should be smaller in mid january.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Send me a pm when you plan on heading out there, particularly if you plan on heading out there alone. I gout a shotgun that I need to break in anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kind of funny... I've lived in Lapeer county for 15 years and have never shot there. Depending on how warm you want to be, there is a really nice indoor range in Burton called Advanced Ranges and they allow rapid fire as llong as you're not putting like 12 out of 15 into the floor or ceiling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard some great things about Advanced Ranges, supposedly they even allow for holster draw firing, which is insanely rare from what I've seen (but then again, I've been to Bass Pro Shops a lot lately since its close to me, and they are overly strict in my mind).

As far as going to the pit anytime soon, its too damn cold for my fingers to even function, I'm waiting till spring till I make any Pit trips. But once the weather turns, I'll send you a PM Juventus.

It might be fun to see if we can get a MI MP Board outing, test fire some different M&Ps and guns that no doubt have a ton of different mods, that would be EPIC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.