MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody had there M&P blasted then polished it so they had a polished Stainless Steel slide? or has anybody had there M&P slide chromed? just curious...

·
Registered
533 Posts
PatM&P said:
has anybody had there M&P blasted then polished it so they had a polished Stainless Steel slide? or has anybody had there M&P slide chromed? just curious...

Dan Burwell has done just about everything to these guns.

Y

·
Registered
319 Posts
and lucky for me, his service is only about 45 min drive away from my house 8)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm ready to have mine blasted. The two tone is growing on me, especially after catching up on Jack Bauer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand that when its blasted you dont have to do anything to it ... i was just wondering if anybody has ever taken the raw stainless to the ol' polishing wheel

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dan has done some awesome stuff to M&P Slides.

Ask him for samples.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Round Gun Shooter said:
Only thing to be careful of is if you plan to shoot USPSA production, it is not an allowed mod from what I have read.

http://www.uspsa.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=125

Regards,

Blasted would be 100% legal. I've shot Level 3 matches and seen guys with aftermarket finishes on Production guns. I've never seen anyone get DQ'd for it as it's not really a competitive advantage. But yes it is illegal for Production.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I will not be polishing the M&P slides. I'll leave that to anyone that has the time on their hands, and trust me it will take time. The slides are pretty rough and a good bit has to be taken off just to get the machine marks and such off. The one on the right is the closest thing I will do to polishing one:

Good luck.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is it possible to use a matte finish on the flats of the slide instead of polishing them (left gun)?? I love the look, but how much upkeep is necessary to keep that shine on the polished portion of the slide?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts