Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post with description)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this poll is actually definitive, but I've been reading a lot of the sight posts lately, trying to figure out how I want to spend my money. I just have the standard sights installed right now, and I have a heck of a time focusing on, and sometimes even seeing, my front sight, so I really want to upgrade. There are tons of different opinions, so I thought I'd try to consolidate them all into one nice, neat little poll so we can maybe see what turns out to be the most popular configuration. I wanted to add a few more options than on the night sight poll and maybe get some more specific results.

I'm not worried so much about the brand of sight you're using as I am the general type - Night Sights, Fiber Optic sights or standard sights (including Big Dot or Gold Dot, etc), and whether you're using some kind of dots on your rear sight or if you prefer to only see the front (for our purposes we'll bundle the flat sights, serrated sights or just blacked-out dots into one generic "no-dot" group).

I'm also aware that there are differing opinions on which sights to use on a carry gun and a range or competition gun. For right now I guess you could just post any specifics you want. Maybe if it gets complicated we could split into two polls. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is a good poll, these are a lot of questions I am wondering about also. I hope everyone responds

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I picked other because I use multiple. All have Warren tactical, plain, in the rear. My competition has a fiber optic front and my carry pistols have tritium fronts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, not as definitive as I had hoped, but I appreciate those that took part. Aside from the 5 who have the stock sights like me it looks like we're split evenly into two camps: one side with front and rear night sights, and one with fiber on the front and a plain sight on the back, and we can probably assume the the night sight guys are more concerned with carry situations, while the fiber guys are probably in more competition or range configurations. Stop me if I'm wrong, but for right now I'm interested in maybe doing some IDPA stuff so I'll go with the fiber/plain option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts