MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Pretty interesting article, i loved the fact that heat was number one.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
JumboJim said:
Lame list

I agree One of my favorite pulp fiction scenes is when guy comes out of the bathroom with a .44 mag six shooter and misses Travolta and Jackson..... Not a great shootout but man its in my top 10

·
Registered
937 Posts
It's not which gun-play scene was the coolest. It was about which ones became cinematic masterpieces, a moment where you the viewer are pulled into the reality being shown on film and you feel every shot, without the need for the blaring 3 gagillion watt sound system in the theatre that is waaaay too loud (went to see a movie one night and could hear every bit of the Star Wars re-release in the room next door).

I haven't seen many of those films, but I know from what I've heard that they are spectacular. The first time I saw Leone's "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", I was awestruck by the ending, and upon reflection, the entire cinematography of the movie. It falls into the realm of Epic, along with Apocolypse Now, The Great Escape, and even 2001. What some people won't do to make a buck.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered it from Netflix. Here are some of the reviews from there;

Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times 4 stars

"It doesn't do a lot of deep thinking, but unlike many futuristic combos of sf and f/x, it does make a statement: Freedom of opinion is a threat to totalitarian systems."

Elvis Mitchell, The New York Times 1 star

"A movie that could be stupider only if it were longer."

Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle 1.5 star

"It's super- violent, super-serious and super-stupid."

Sounds like my kind of movie.

nofoa said:
terrible list, equilibrium was not even on the list. By far best gun fight ever.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Excellent list. I loved every one of those movies. The real test for me was whether John Woo was going to make it in; then when I saw both The Killer and Hard Boiled I knew this guy knew his stuff. Haven't seen Equilibrium, but I'm gonna check it out.

Don't know about Unforgiven, though. Great movie, but I'm not sure the shootout is on par with the rest of these. I'd pull it out and put in the new 3:10 to Yuma shootout. Anybody see that?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The shootout in Heat has been the most memorable to me in all the movies I've seen. I don't know if I've become numb to gun scenes since then or not but I remember it being the reason I had all my friends watch the movie.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm partial to the Raiders of the Lost Ark scene when Indy nonchalantly pulls out his gun and shoots the guy wielding the swords.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Robocop has some good gun scenes. Robocop's gun was pretty cool and it never needed reloading just like Arnold's guns in "Commando". "Magazines of Infinity" are the best. Can't wait till the M&P store gets them in stock. ;>

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm glad Heat made the list. One of the better action movies I've ever seen. Two great lead actors and a really good plot. I thought it was pretty realistic, except that you'd probably be bleeding from your ears if you fired a machine gun inside of a car. Also, the LAPD guys seem to be really bad shots with their rifles, but maybe that is realistic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts