MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Todd, you didn't know passing the Army qualification for the M16 made you an expert on terminal ballistics???

I thought that was common knowledge...

To be serious, though...talk to enough .50 gunners, and you'll find someone who can tell you about someone who needed a second hit from a .50BMG to go down for good.

Obviously, since there has been failure to stops with the .5OBMG cartridge, we should all be carrying a cartridge more powerful than that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Grimwulff said:
Also remember this... i'm pretty sure that I can take a 50BMG in the foot and live... i'll be in pain... but live.

Looking at the average distance that 50BMGs are used at vs the average distance 5.56 NATOs are used at, may shed some light on this situation, since 50BMGs are often used at extremely long range... and eventhough they can carry out and hit targets at extreme distances, even the best shooter will have a hard time hitting a "killing blow" with each round shot.

Please consider all options before comparing 2 different rounds.

Considering that the debate is on caliber, how is it not appropriate to discuss two rifle calibers at opposite ends of the spectrum?

You kinda helped make my point though, as you brought up the fact that shot placement is paramount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.