MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone thought of, or found a way how to thicken the space below the beavertail? Upon grabbing the gun to get a grip, it's most of the time challenging to get the web of my hand up tight to the beavertail. Using the large backstrap just increases the lower part. Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
that's why I trimed the beavertail off on my M&P
- it wansn't touchimg my hand....

I wouldn't bother doing anything. just grip it in a way that is comfortable for you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also thought of trimming it before but primarily for aesthetics only since it doesn't have any effect on the space below the beaver where the web of the hand rests. I was hoping of padding it so as to thicken the space a bit and push the web a little bit backwards and tighten the grip. It would have helped if there were exchangable pads too on the side grips
. I was hoping there would be some here who would have experienced it too. Thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
sherp my pistola got circumcised i just had to cut it off get rid of vestigial tail i didn't find any reason why it's there in the first place. this is it now :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's cool loloy! Personally I would prefer shaving it still a bit more until almost aligned with the slide's rear angle, something like the M&P compacts
. That's just my preference.

Still, I'm finding a way to fill the space below the beaver so that my hand's web could be easily tight when grabbing the gun. Now I have to use my weak hand to adjust my strong hand's web to be up and tight.

·
Registered
434 Posts
sherpa said:
that's cool loloy! Personally I would prefer shaving it still a bit more until almost aligned with the slide's rear angle, something like the M&P compacts
. That's just my preference.

same here but i might gain some cellulites in my hand these holidays and the risk of getting caught by slide is high and besides i always have the hunch i might reach the cavity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts