MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been really considering trading in my M&P 40 for the 45. I have gotten better all around with the 40 but have really been desiring "more" out of the gun. I have a couple of buddies that swear by the 45 and say that it is an even more accurate round. I thought I would seek your input if indeed the 45 is more accurate.

One thing that I do question is the drop off in speed of the 45 slug, but I suppose the added weight/size makes up for it??

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Joe Merchant said:
One thing that I do question is the drop off in speed of the 45 slug, but I suppose the added weight/size makes up for it??
The thing is the 4.5" barrel will keep the round within the velocity range needed for it to perform as it should so there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
505 Posts
my opinion on this is that if you feel something is lacking for you with your .40 then what do you have to lose by trying the .45?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I too prefer the 45 BUT you are by no means under-guned with the 40. If I were you I would hold on to the 40 and just save for the 45. Once I had the 45, I would either buy a .357 sig bbl for the 40 to get some real "reach out and touch someone" or I would trade for a 9mm to be able to shoot cheaper. If I were you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did trade my M&P 40 in for an M&P 45. It's not that I like the .45 more, but I wanted something different, even though I have way more .40 ammo than .45 ACP ammo. In a way though, I miss my M&P 40, but I didn't feel like I wanted to have two plus I almost didn't loose any $ by trading in my M&P 40.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have never sold a gun that later I did not regret. Keep the 40 and save some bucks for the 45. It is a great weapon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
30378 said:
I have never sold a gun that later I did not regret. Keep the 40 and save some bucks for the 45. It is a great weapon.
I don't see the point in that. It's not like these guns are rare and hard to find. You can always buy another 40 later on if you really regret selling it.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1, plus you can always trade back down with someone that is offering the same deal you have. I am sure you would not have any problems trading here on our very own forum :wink:

harrydog said:
[quote name='30378']I have never sold a gun that later I did not regret. Keep the 40 and save some bucks for the 45. It is a great weapon.
I don't see the point in that. It's not like these guns are rare and hard to find. You can always buy another 40 later on if you really regret selling it.[/quote]

·
Registered
405 Posts
try the 45 at the range... though off hand I'd say even though the M&P is one hell of a 40 (and the only one to be recommended by DocGKR) it's still a 40 so it's going to have more of a snappy recoil compared to the 45... however just remember you're giving up capacity as well as stepping up to a bigger gun overall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts