MP-Pistol Forum banner

Thinking of trading in my MP 40...

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MTech 
#1 ·
I have been really considering trading in my M&P 40 for the 45. I have gotten better all around with the 40 but have really been desiring "more" out of the gun. I have a couple of buddies that swear by the 45 and say that it is an even more accurate round. I thought I would seek your input if indeed the 45 is more accurate.

One thing that I do question is the drop off in speed of the 45 slug, but I suppose the added weight/size makes up for it??

Thanks in advance,

Joe

#5 ·
I too prefer the 45 BUT you are by no means under-guned with the 40. If I were you I would hold on to the 40 and just save for the 45. Once I had the 45, I would either buy a .357 sig bbl for the 40 to get some real "reach out and touch someone" or I would trade for a 9mm to be able to shoot cheaper. If I were you!

#6 ·
I did trade my M&P 40 in for an M&P 45. It's not that I like the .45 more, but I wanted something different, even though I have way more .40 ammo than .45 ACP ammo. In a way though, I miss my M&P 40, but I didn't feel like I wanted to have two plus I almost didn't loose any $ by trading in my M&P 40.

#9 ·
+1, plus you can always trade back down with someone that is offering the same deal you have. I am sure you would not have any problems trading here on our very own forum :wink:

harrydog said:
[quote name='30378']I have never sold a gun that later I did not regret. Keep the 40 and save some bucks for the 45. It is a great weapon.
I don't see the point in that. It's not like these guns are rare and hard to find. You can always buy another 40 later on if you really regret selling it.[/quote]

#11 ·
try the 45 at the range... though off hand I'd say even though the M&P is one hell of a 40 (and the only one to be recommended by DocGKR) it's still a 40 so it's going to have more of a snappy recoil compared to the 45... however just remember you're giving up capacity as well as stepping up to a bigger gun overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.