1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
But it works a lot like a Glock.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Not to mention form follows function. I'll have to take a looksie when I see this one. I'm seeing the similaries, but I doubt it's patent infringment.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I dont see the resemblance but still looks pretty cool

·
Registered
298 Posts
snw19 said:
[quote name='gotm4']But it works a lot like a Glock.
So does the M&P.

Man, this thing looks way different then both the glock and M&P. I may need to take a close look at one of these.[/quote]

Actually the M&P doesn't work like the Glock. The Glock has a seperate connector is about 15% or so 'cocked' when you're not pulling the trigger. The M&P is 98-99% 'cocked' when you're not pulling on the trigger. Take a look at the Ruger before you state that. I've already torn one down to see the similarities between the two the Ruger and the Glock.............we have some in the store right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I will have to check one of those babies out. I have been waiting for ruger to come up with something that can compete with all of the new polymar guns. Ever ruger I ever had was a great weapon. I just wish I hadn't gotten rid of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gotm4 said:
Take a look at the Ruger before you state that. I've already torn one down to see the similarities between the two the Ruger and the Glock.............we have some in the store right now.
Was talking about more than the striker.

Give us the skinny then, the Ruger website is pretty vague. The striker on the Ruger is at 15% and then cocks with the trigger pull? How does the manual safety work on it, what does it disconnect? What about disassembly, there appears to be a take down notch on the front of the slide.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice looking gun but boy does it have a tall front sight. I can see that thing hanging up. If this is made like other tank like ruger handguns it will be worth a closer look

·
Registered
20 Posts
oh just to add it has a mag disconnect and a manual safety

myself i do not like mag disconnects i would prolly buy one or trade my fullsize M&P for one if it wasnt for the mag safety

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw one today after I posted this. Wasn't really impressed with the feel or look. But then I've never been much of a Ruger fan. It felt cheap compared to an M&P and not like a tank like a P95. YMMV.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Bout time, Ruger has needed a major update on their auto pistol line for quite a while, they had done some work on their 45 but the others were still stuck with the old clunky design, reliable to a fault, but clunky!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been a Ruger fan since my first single six in 1976. I often carry a SP101 357 with a 2 1/4" barrel and love my Mark III. However, I am not impressed with the SR9 and do not wish to be another beta-tester.

Ruger just keeps piling on the safety features with all their guns and makes me appreciate the "lack of lawyer inspired accessories" as with Glock and S&W M&P. Internal trigger bar interlock and striker blocker, trigger safety, magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, fire extinguisher, smoke detector, etc. plus the brilliant engineering that allows the gun to be dry-fired without a mag in place but causes damage to the firing pin/firing pin safety......duhhhh! Also, what type holster would work with those very TALL sights?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd say it looks more like a Ruger P-345 and an FNH FNP had a baby...an ugly one. :wink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dunno. . . . . Honestly, I totally DIG the look of the M&Ps. There's just something about it that makes you want to have it. I never really ever felt that way with a handgun before. Sure that ruger is nice BUT it's not as hot as the M&P . . . .

Maybe thats just the really happy M&P owner in me but thats my $0.02

1 - 20 of 28 Posts