MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not claiming to be a gun reviewer by any stretch of the imagination but I do own a variety of handguns and will give my version of my visit to the Range. My normal array of calibers is in the .40 and .45 autoloads and throw in a .357 Ruger and .44 mag Ruger. So my decision to purchase the 9 mm is two fold, First I was looking for a gun to conceal and second I am restricted to either a 9 mm, .357 or .38 for my carry gun. This restriction is a Florida statute in regards to a Class "G" statewide firerams license that I am applying for. My intitial thoughts on the 9 mm compact are that the M&P line is very well built and typical Smith quality and I have been a fan since they were first introduced. Magazine capacity is adequate with the finger extention at 11+1 and the flat bottom backup at 12+1. In todays session I shot 100 rounds at the home/self defense distance of 7 yards using silhouette targets. Recoil was very light in comparison to my normal .40 and .45 sessions at the range which was a pleasant surprise. I have large hands and even with the backup magazine I had no trouble feeling in control of the weapon and I also went with the Med size palm swell. I use a simple drill to test my reaction time zero ing back onto a target by focusing on something other than my static target, re focusing on my target and then squeezing off two quick rounds. I found that with the current sights I was able to easily align the frontisght and place a consistent center mass shot throughout the exercise. I only wish that I was able to spend more time on the range to provide more insight. Lastly, I would add that after 100 rounds which is not alot but it gave me a good impression that the gun was not going to fail as I have read on this site that has happened to several of you. Serial number is MPLXXXX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good to know, as the magazine with finger extention is printed "11" and the flat bottom mag printed with a "12". I typically load the mags until it reaches the point of no more without necessarily counting the number in each. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts