MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried (unsuccessfully so far) to contact pistol barrel manufacturers inquiring if they are planning to offer a threaded barrel (or longer barrel that could be threaded by a third party). Haven't heard back from any of them. So my question is this: Do any of the forum members have any information regarding threaded barrels. I know Gemtech is supposed to offer a package with a Blackslide suppressor at some point, but I haven't heard any more since the initial announcement.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Call or e-mail Steve at ADCO Firearms. They can set you up with a threaded extension to your factory barrel that works as great as it looks.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
josh said:
Call or e-mail Steve at ADCO Firearms. They can set you up with a threaded extension to your factory barrel that works as great as it looks.

How do you get an extension added to the barrel?? :oops:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hell if I know?
Magic? Superglue and luck? Ask ADCO.
There's several guys running around with M&P's with ADCO threaded extensions, and some XD's and whatnot too. I'd have one on my .45, but all the .45 suppressors out there suck ass dry, and I don't want to have to shoot them wet to be hearing safe. If AAC ever releases the Black Box .45 suppressor I'll get one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
101Combat Vet said:
How do you get an extension added to the barrel?? :oops:

There is a gunsmith locally, (whom I do NOT trust, therefore I will not use) making barrel extensions. First he threads the existing barrel then builds a short (about 1 to 1.3 inch long) adapter that has an internal thread (barrel) and an external thread (suppressor). So what you end up with is a longer barrel to get out in front of the slide. The threads do not overlap so off the gun it looks like a short tube with 1/2 of it threaded and the other 1/2 solid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coltman1985 said:
Must not be a plumber hey?

Exactly! I've seen adapters (fittings) that was probably the genesis of the idea. Now I know the Germans build a SMG that would shoot around corners back in WWII, guess they went to the plumbing store too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
josh said:
...but all the .45 suppressors out there suck butt dry, and I don't want to have to shoot them wet to be hearing safe.

The KAC suppressors are hearing safe dry. (Ask me how I know.
) I've been trying to find out if they are compatible with the M&P and haven't gotten an answer back yet.

·
Registered
910 Posts
KAC's are hearing safe dry on the MK23, and according to Al Paulson about 80% of the shots from a HK45 Tac.

KAC's are like $1,500+ piror to the tax. I'd rather just get a HEMSII or something and put some water in that sucker.
KAC needs to go ahead and release that new 45 can they have the utilizes wipes and baffles. I would definitely buy one of those.

If you end up suppressing the .45 I really want to know/hear about it. Would love to suppress my M&P45.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Why don't you look into one of the export models? Have you asked S&W?

Here we MUST have a 123mm (5") barrel to be compliant under the law to have the pistol... Sticks out fine from the frame... NOT allowed to even mention anything about a ... one of them things on the end...

Some dude was selling an M&P9 with a 5" barrel and bitss :wink: :wink: Here is a picture of it,

Looks just like mine will in 12 days!!! 8) Just without the thread bit and cap thingy.[/b][/u]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
243ww, thanks for the lead. I'll check it out and post the info if there is something to be had.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just emailed S&W about a barrel and also about a .22 kit (probably dreaming on that one. LOL). Haven't heard a peep out of any of the barrel makers, so I guess we'll see if Smith graces me with a reply.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You didn't mention any calibre so I presumed it was a 9? :roll:

·
Registered
673 Posts
No.6 said:
Heard back from S&W, no threaded barrel from them, no plans for one either.

Any chance of you getting one of the export barrels? Or are they only made in 9mm>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And now I read an article in Gun World by Leroy Thompson in which he says that you can order a M&P45 with a threaded barrel. OK, now somebody is not telling the truth here. This is getting to be very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts