MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the second trip to the range where we put about 400 rounds through my full sized 9 without a single problem. We shot a mix of UMC, Monarch 115gr FMJ, CCI, and Hydrashok. We brought a Glock 23, Kimber 1911, Keltec, Bersa 380, and Ruger 22; I think at the end of the trip everyone was favoring the M&P (besides the 1911 which I see as a completely different catagory).

Even my buddy who has always talks down the M&P as a long time Glock user came around and loved shooting the M&P. Everyone thought it felt very balanced and easily lead to rapid follow up shots. I was pretty sure about getting the Kimber CDP II as my next, but the M&P 40c is looking really nice.

*I had one CCI aluminum round that didnt fire. I compared the primer on the unfired round to a few spent casings and the consistancy and depth of the mark led me to discounted a light primer strike. Does this sound reasonable to anyone else?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If the rounds that worked and the round that didn't have approximately equal pin marks on the primer then the one that didn't is at fault.

If you had a visibly light strike on the primer it is the gun.

CCI blazer is good ammo but any brand can have an infrequent defect. It's all made by man and we screw up all the time.

Enjoy

·
Registered
471 Posts
IMHO, just about anyone who pics up a M&P will be interested. Once they shoot it, it's very likely that they will be sold.

I was hooked the first time I picked my compact up. It was confirmed when I shot it

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts