MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from an ABC news story about a tiger that escaped and attacked people at a zoo yeserday. They interviewed Jack Hanna about this event and one of the things he said was:

"A wild animal is like a loaded gun. It can go off at any time," said Hanna. "They are wild animals. They are very powerful animals."

So, there you have it - a loaded gun can "go off at any time".

Holy crap! I better go unload all mine right now before someone gets hurt. :roll:

Story is at: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4051469&page=1

(Jack's shocking gun revelation is on page two)

And please note, this is in no way making light of the fact that one person was killed and two were critically injured.

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts
Stupid statements from ignorant people...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Why do you guys think I started buying suppressors for all my guns? I tell ya, having all those guns just going off in the gun closet sounds like popcorn at night - really, really, loud popcorn. Guns is some crazy sumbitches!

·
Registered
527 Posts
The latest word is that one of these kids may have been provoking and taunting the Tiger by throwing rocks at it. The incident did happen after the 5pm closing time, so there were not many witnesses around. They were all in their teens and early 20's.

Whatever happened, they do know that something somehow motivated the Tiger to get over both a 15 ft moat and a 20 ft high wall. Animal experts had thought that such a barrier could not be overcome by any Tiger under any circumstances.

4 Police officers simultaneously opened fire with Glock Model 22's in .40 S&W to kill the big cat. It has not yet been released how many bullets hit the Tiger, but the 4 officers had a combined 60 rounds loaded in their pistols when the shooting started.

Lance

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Odd that SFPD would respond to such a call without grabbing a rifle, unless they aren't available to them on patrol.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm contacting my local elected (liberal) representatives to see if we can institute some Tiger control and zoo control legislation. (weepingly) We need to protect our children from the evils of Tigers and Zoos. (shed one loan tear for effect) Maybe we need Rosie O. to have a Zillion Zookeeper march!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I keep all of my weapons fully loaded at all times... even my new 22LR rifle... in case i'm attacked by a squirrel or rabid house cat. Honestly, the only one that I'm remotely afraid of is my K98k... it has an evil air about it

·
Registered
501 Posts
LanceCalif said:
The latest word is that one of these kids may have been provoking and taunting the Tiger by throwing rocks at it. The incident did happen after the 5pm closing time, so there were not many witnesses around. They were all in their teens and early 20's.

Whatever happened, they do know that something somehow motivated the Tiger to get over both a 15 ft moat and a 20 ft high wall. Animal experts had thought that such a barrier could not be overcome by any Tiger under any circumstances.

4 Police officers simultaneously opened fire with Glock Model 22's in .40 S&W to kill the big cat. It has not yet been released how many bullets hit the Tiger, but the 4 officers had a combined 60 rounds loaded in their pistols when the shooting started.

Lance

Probably two, tigers are big and it's really hard to shoot while you're wizzing your pants... 8)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They said that tiger was only 350 lbs.

Heck, I'm 330+ lbs naked.

I think I could have taken her.

Especially if I was naked (because she'd just stand there dumbfounded thinking "WTF?").

:oops:

Hey, it worked for Tarzan. And I fight bare-handed with my house cats all the time -- they're not so tough -- I usually win.

·
Registered
62 Posts
eah on the news now that they apparently probably had slingshots and were possibly drunk or had been drinking. None of this is for sure yet just what I saw on the half truths news.

LOL I bet they didnt expect that one. Probably not going to be messing with any large cats again.

·
Registered
501 Posts
snscott said:
They said that tiger was only 350 lbs.

Heck, I'm 330+ lbs naked.

I think I could have taken her.

Especially if I was naked (because she'd just stand there dumbfounded thinking "WTF?").

:oops:

Hey, it worked for Tarzan. And I fight bare-handed with my house cats all the time -- they're not so tough -- I usually win.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I'd be careful fighting those house cats nekkid...........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts