MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks next to me here have a couple old horses that keep gettin loose. I just planted some grass and they keep bustin out of the fence and shi++in in my new grass.

I'm thinkin target practice right about now!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Folks next to me here have a couple old horses that keep gettin loose. I just planted some grass and they keep bustin out of the fence and shi++in in my new grass.

I'm thinkin target practice right about now!
Just fix the fence and keep the horses on your side next time and make the neighbor pay a ransom.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
When the S hits the F Horse meat will taste real good.

:twisted:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
TOF said:
When the S hits the F Horse meat will taste real good.

The French seem to love it, so it must be good

I'd say, "I was scared for my life when I heard a lot of noise outside and thought I saw a gun and a robber dressed up as my neighbor's horse!"

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Grimwulff said:
[quote name='TOF']When the S hits the F Horse meat will taste real good.

The French seem to love it, so it must be good

I'd say, "I was scared for my life when I heard a lot of noise outside and thought I saw a gun and a robber dressed up as my neighbor's horse!"[/quote]

Ditto... or, " I just got through watching the Animal Planet's (Horses Gone Wild) episode and bingo there I was faced with a flight or flee situation. As you can see officer, I stayed my ground like any American citizen should... :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
set up booby traps and say you thought they were coyotes

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Several Options.......

Ever thought about how hard it would be to get rid of those big old horse carcasses? If you shoot the man's horses I'm sure he will let you have them and you will have a enemy forever. Remember paybacks are a lady!

Looks like you have several options:

1) Try talking to the owner about the problem. (My choice)

2) Fix his fence yourself. (Worst choice)

3)Just shoe his horses off your land and let him find them. Most horses I've known, and I've known a few, don't like loud noises so just let off a few rounds close to them and away they will go. (Fun choice)

4) The ransom idea is not bad either. (But probably won't work, choice)

5) Relax and enjoy the free fertilizer and lawn mowing. (Easy choice)

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you've got kids, I suggest you deal with the problem at once (diplomatic or drastic measures). Unattended horses are very dangerous to children.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I like the idea of shooting in the sky and making them run, but if you're in the city, make sure that they are blanks and there are no ordinances against even shooting them off (hey, i've heard of weirder things being kept in people's backyard in the city). Try getting a good, loud, and relatively slow bullet (i'd say the 44 mag, because it isn't toooo fast, about 1500 fps) and ripping a couple in the air. Hopefully it won't hit anyone on the way down =x

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being a horseman myself and owning a few, I highly suggest not firing any rounds whatsoever. It would be much easier to immediately confront your neighbor, inform him to fix the fence, or you will and will be sure to send a bill! Involve a sherriff or atleast place a call if it continues. Shame on the owners for not being more responsible. Loose horses can be a hazard, especially if near a road. Easiest scenario is for you to just fix the fence yourself and let it be (not that it's your responsibility or the best option) but atleast that way you can sleep at night knowing it was done right

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
City or country, bullets in the sky are NOT the answer. Find a better solution.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
dont shoot at the sky shoot near the feet with a .22 make em dance

BTW I am joking my 2 dogs, cat and 2 Oscars will tell you I love animals

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wait until dusk and toss a sack of rattle snakes over the fence. A few fake snakes

in your yard may do the trick but real ones are more fun to watch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts