MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Tuesday I had to send my M&P 40C back to S&W for some work, so I decided to go out and pick up a Springfield XD 40C to carry, until my M&P comes back (just in case you were wondering, I decided to pick up the XD because it fit my hand...not as good as my M&P, but better than a Glock). Anyhow, I haven't been able to go to the range to put the XD through its "NO FTF Test, before carrying test," but I've owned an XD before, and they're reliable.

Well, here the question I have for you...is it okay to carry a NEW pistol that hasn't gone through the 100+ rounds test? I know that the factory test fires "one" round before releasing the gun, but I have always been under the impression that you should put at least 100+ rounds through any pistol before carrying. I have been a little busy and haven't had the chance to go to the range, so I was wondering if it is okay to carry the pistol.

I know the "risk factor" with carrying the pistol, but the alternative would be to go unarmed. I do plan to make a trip to the range this weekend, but I just wanted to see how everyone feel about this topic.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I would personally run well over 100 rounds (probably over 1000 rounds) through a new gun before carrying it. This would also apply to any previously "dysfunctional" gun now "fixed" and returned from the factory. But if the alternative was to go unarmed, then by all means I would carry it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
+1 to Choochboost. A tested gun is always best but if the alternative is to be unarmed, I would opt for the untested piece.

·
Registered
103 Posts
jtaliani said:
+1 to Choochboost. A tested gun is always best but if the alternative is to be unarmed, I would opt for the untested piece.

Damn straight. I would prefer to put a few rounds through the pistol to make sure it runs right, but I being armed is way better than being unarmed.

Monte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts