MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been out of the loop for a little while as far as the M&P goes. I keep seeing posts pop up every where about how every one loves the ergos of the weapon but there are still kinks to work out here and there. I'm currently back on the market for a new handgun and recently sold my glock 19.

I want to know how the newer batches of M&P 9mm have been. Any newer 9mm full sized owners out there please let me know how your guns have been running. My biggest fear is picking one of these up with issues like one I tried out a couple of months ago which kept spitting brass in my face. I am not here to cause any trouble I am looking for some input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can speak from my experiences thus far. I have shot 750 rounds from my full size, shoots like a champ, no extraction or ejection issues. I have shot Winchester NATO ball, Winchester 115 gr ball and Winchester 127+p+ SXT.

Mine is a MPX prefix.

Mark

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mine is an MPHxxxx (purchased in Dec 06) and has 1340 rounds through it so far with only one FTE around the 800 mark.

I did verify that mine has the updated striker so anything you purchase nowadays should be updated as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine only spit one round in my face out of about a 700 so far. That was practicing weak hand, which I'm really no good at.

I was in a similar spot as you and figured problems are posted more often on the board than successes. All guns have some problems. S&W seems VERY responsive to fixing whatever has gone wrong. There is a thread in here where someone botched a trigger job, S&W fixed it for free saying they just wanted to gun to be safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
m4arc said:
Mine is an MPHxxxx (purchased in Dec 06) and has 1340 rounds through it so far with only one FTE around the 800 mark.

I did verify that mine has the updated striker so anything you purchase nowadays should be updated as well.

I wonder who fired that round :oops:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
mark5pt56 said:
[quote name='m4arc']Mine is an MPHxxxx (purchased in Dec 06) and has 1340 rounds through it so far with only one FTE around the 800 mark.

I wonder who fired that round :oops:[/quote]

I don't know but I bet he limp wristed it...

Just kidding...just kidding :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts